Author Topic: Link: SUFFOLK LOCAL HISTORY COUNCIL  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Link: SUFFOLK LOCAL HISTORY COUNCIL
« on: Wednesday 12 March 08 18:15 GMT (UK) »
I know that many of you are aware of Suffolk Local History Council and the Local History Recorders in parishes across the county, the various publications and courses, the talks/lectures and residential weekends that SLHC provide.

Please note that in the last year we have changed our web site address to www.slhc.org.uk   

The Council supports all the local history groups throughout Suffolk as well as providing the Suffolk Local History Recorder's in many parishes (ideally in every parish) providing a network of people in our towns and villages who are working to ensure the survival of material and to record the present for future local historians.

The collection of photographs showing life in Suffolk through the years is now set up and available at the SRO as The Suffolk Photographic Survey.

Groups of Members of the Council meet at all three branches of the Record Offices to transcribe, preserve and record information for future historians.

Honorary Recorder's Secretary
Suffolk Local History Council 

Patricia Bridges ~ Hon Recorders' Secretary
Suffolk Local History Council, Suffolk House,
2 Wharfedale Road, Ipswich IP1 4JP
http://www.slhc.org.uk/
Local History Recorder for the parish of
Little Waldingfield
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?