Author Topic: HEPBURNS and connections.  (Read 44389 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEPBURNS and connections.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 24 March 08 01:19 GMT (UK) »
She is probably from Davids first marriage

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:20 GMT (UK) »

Hello "Beans" and "Sancti",

What terrific information and, at last the veil has been lifted.

I knew that my Grandmother, Elizabeth Livingstone, M.S. Hepburn, had half-brothers by the name of Page, but never heard anything about McLean's. My Gran was born 25th February, 1889 at Beath in Fife. She married William Livingstone at Cowdenbeath on 22nd December,1905 and died at Windygates near Dunfermline on 31st December, 1970, shortly after my wife and I had driven up to Scotland to visit her. She is a sorely missed member of my family.

It's a pity that I can't read the name of David Hepburn's first wife, it looks like Ann Colenennes or something like that! She would have died before the second marriage to Janet Cook.

However, that kind of information will become clearer in due course.

Very many thanks for placing this very important part of the Hepburn family into a much clearer situation. It really is greatly appreciated, and makes all the long hours worked well worth it.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:24 GMT (UK) »
hi tom since you are now back i have been doing some searching on david hepburn and his first wife had the following children
these are all extracted records i also checked isabella on sp as her mother was 45 at the time of her birth and ann glennie hepburn died 6 years later at lumphinnana jan 30 1886

william jun4 1859
david oct 27 1860
george elder 12-7-1863
ann 12-31-1866
catherine 5-2-1871
john 4-14-1874
isabella 1-4-1880

now tom i have a question for you isabella is on the 1891 census with david and new wife janet cook the four oldest children were old enough to be on their own so what happened to catherine and john?  check your private email i sent the certs   beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:27 GMT (UK) »

Hello again, "Beans",

That proclamation/marriage of David Hepburn has too many "coincidences" to ignore. Christian Staines has her Surname spelt in many different ways and Staney appears to be another one. Where exactly was proclamation/marriage. I would suspect that it took place at Abbotshall or somewhere near to Kirkcaldy.

I really am excited with all this new information and I believe that the information on RootsChat for the Hepburn family must be second-to-none.

Again, thank you for becoming involved with the investigation.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:31 GMT (UK) »
hi tom it says abbotshall ill send it to you. beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:44 GMT (UK) »
hey tom david hepburn and christian staney both of this parish have entered a contract to marry 7 27 1716. and on this day may 4 1717 proclamation of marriage at abbotshall.  now does that mean they got married in 1716 or only applied to marry and actually married in 1717 how does that work.  beans

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 24 March 08 02:57 GMT (UK) »

Hello "Beans",

I haven't got the 1891 Census, but I would assume that my Grandmother, Elizabeth (Lizzie) Hepburn would be on it aged about 2 and possibly her brother, Joseph whom I remember quite well since he and his wife, Jean, lived just across the street from my Grandmother's house in Lumphinnans, Cowdenbeath, when I was just knee-high to a grasshopper. I would think that the two Page kids would be on the Census too. If I remember correctly, one of them should be named Archie.

To the best of my knowledge, some of the Pages's emigrated here to Australia - to a place called Cesnock in New South Wales where they did quite well for themselves.

I believe, rightly or wrongly, that the proclamation of marriage was something like the modern reading of the Banns prior to the marriage. As for Isabella, I seem to recall that she grew up with my Gran.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 24 March 08 03:02 GMT (UK) »
do you have the children i found for ann glennie and david hepburn they would also be your elizabeths half siblings.  beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 24 March 08 03:06 GMT (UK) »
tom the 1891 census lists elizabeth age 2 joseph age 1 archie page age 15 andrew page age 13 and isabella hepburn age 11.  on sp archie is listed as archibald cook page and there is also a son david page born 1873.   beans