Author Topic: Matthew Bell/ Salkeld/Woolsington Hall  (Read 33825 times)

Offline holmes60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Bell/ Salkeld/Woolsington Hall
« Reply #54 on: Friday 01 August 14 02:09 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this string is still alive, but... I am related to Jane Ann (Raine) Scott.  My understanding is that the Scotts purchased Woolsington Hall from the Bells about 1923.  My great-grandparents, parents and I have all visited and my wife and I stayed overnight with Anthea Smith in the mid 1990s.  I have followed recent history about the property but am interested in the Bill of Sale that was mentioned and any info on the Scotts or Smiths.

Offline Pointed Stick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 21 August 14 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Holmes 60,
I knew Bill (Antheas brother) and he always signed himself as William Scott Smith, so there must have been a "coming together".

Offline holmes60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 21 August 14 22:08 BST (UK) »
William Scott married my ancestor Jane Ann Raine.  Their child Dorothy Scott married Sydney Smith.  And Dorothy and Sydney's children were Anthea and William Scott Smith.  Would you be able to send me the bill of sale you previously mentioned?

Offline RICHIE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 24 October 20 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
Having recently discovered Mathew Bell 1677 - 1748 along with Anne Salkeld 1673 - 1732  as part of my ancestry it would be a great help if those of you who have traced this family further back could help with their  parentage . There seems to be information with regards to Mathew's family  moving forwards but very little suggesting his and Annes parentage and beyond. Any help would greatly advance my research .
Regards
Richie