Author Topic: DAVID HARVEY-Bedworth 1801  (Read 3967 times)

Offline 23GLORIA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DAVID HARVEY-Bedworth 1801
« on: Wednesday 26 March 08 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Can anybody help me find the birth record of DAVID HARVEY born BEDWORTH WARWICKSHIRE 1801?
I know David Harvey married a Martha Fletcher in 1819 in I think London possibly Whitechapel. The Harvey family were weavers in Bethnal Green and it is from the census 1851 that I discovered his place of birth. I have drawn a blank on Pallots Baptism Records for 1780-1837.
I would love to find a christening/birth record to establish his parents and Warwickshire family to go further back in time.
Thanks
Gloria
DAY, HART, Kirby, Sayer, Blackhurst, Broom,Cadman, Compton, Cox,Fletcher, Gilby, Gould,Hand, Harling,Harvey,Mower,Parker, Prebble, Prestoe, Stump, Sydenham,Tyler,Voss,Wooley

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: DAVID HARVEY-Bedworth 1801
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 March 08 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gloria, have trawled through the register from 1796 to 1806 without success, however Bedworth was a hot-bed of Harveys and I believe some still live there. All is not lost however as although I did not find him in those years it appears that many families had children Christened as a 'job lot' so we may find it after 1806, Joseph and Sarah Harvey for example had five children 'done' on 23rd December 1798 and William and Sarah Harvey did likewise with three on 13th May 1804, Elizabeth 8, Bridgett 7 and William 4. Other Harveys having children baptised in those years in Bedworth were Thomas and Sarah, John and Alice and Thomas and Ann. David was a name that did not occur much in thsi area at that time, I never came across one while looking.
Do you know if David is likely to have been in Bedworth in 1841, I can search for him if so.
I will try to look further when I have time as I have to pop down to the Library to do so

Offline 23GLORIA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 March 08 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Al
Thank you for all the work you have already done for me.... Really appreciate it.
My David Harvey is one of many in my tree...I wish it were more rare ! I get so confused that I have labelled them all David Harvey 1,2,3 etc....
This one is my earliest, unfortunately he is already living in London by the 1841 census with his wife Martha, and children another David (2)- 15, Thomas 12, Fanny 9........ he says he was not born in London.
In the 1851 census he is still in Bethnal Green , David (1) is 50 and a WEAVER Living with Wife Martha 47 WEAVER , Son John 24 WEAVER and Grandson David(3) aged 8
I am confused !!! - not sure who is the father of the Grandson.
In 1861 they are still in Bethnal Green  he is a SILK WEAVER Living with wife Martha, Daughter Fanny Maria and her Husband William Haines CIGAR MAKER and their Daughter Amelia
I have a possible death in 1873...
That is all I can really say about him....if you do come across anything at all..please do tell me
THANKS LOTS
Do you live near by ?...I am planning a visit to the area soon (my son is at Warwick Uni) and was hoping to get something concrete before I come.... are there many records at Warwick or does one have to go to Birmingham ?
Regards
Gloria
DAY, HART, Kirby, Sayer, Blackhurst, Broom,Cadman, Compton, Cox,Fletcher, Gilby, Gould,Hand, Harling,Harvey,Mower,Parker, Prebble, Prestoe, Stump, Sydenham,Tyler,Voss,Wooley

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 March 08 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gloria, is his wife from London or Bedworth?
Looking at the name of his daughter and going with the usual way in those days I would think his parents have a fair chance of being William and Fanny although I seem to remember there was a Thomas and Fanny as well that I did not jot down but not one hundred percent certain!
The Grandson is probably the son of David who would be approx 25 by then.
I will delve deeper as time permits.

Warwick Uni is in Coventry, you will find Bedworth registers in the Coventry Archives by the Canal Basin also in Bedworth and Nuneaton Libraries and the County Record Office in Warwick has all parishes. No need to go to Birmingham.

Offline 23GLORIA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 March 08 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Al
Thanks again for the info
Martha was born in Middlesex...not a lot of help there.....
The Thomas and Fanny sounds good...as his brothers were Thomas and John... (neither of these names were in his wifes family ) will appreciate you having another look there...when you have time !
Annoying that  David Harvey(2) is living with mum and dad in the 41... and by the 51 he is on his second wife Rosina, and children MaryAnn 5 and George J 2...  Never a mention of his first wife (Martha Robinson) and a son David (3)
Well,  can I give you my email address  ?  Gloria(.)Hart@btinternet.com   ...take off the brackets around the dot, might make talking easier.
Glad I don't have to go to Birmingham...wasn't relishing the thought !
Hopefully I will be around that area sometime next month...when the weather is a bit nicer...
Many Thanks Again
Gloria

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 March 08 13:53 GMT (UK) »
See what I can find Gloria.