Author Topic: Hatfield (Doncaster) Parish Lookup  (Read 2602 times)

Offline micky410

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Hatfield (Doncaster) Parish Lookup
« on: Thursday 27 March 08 20:24 GMT (UK) »
I have made a leap to Thomas UDALL b 1627 as the father and Anne MOORE b 1634 as the mother of the below. Is there anyone who could confirm this. I may be barking up the wrong tree as there would have been a number of dutch, Belgians etc the generation before (draining the marshes under Cornelius Vermuyden) and this name could have come from a conversion of one of their surnames, as I understand this was common around this time.

Thomas YOUDAN b 28 Oct 1666 Married Alice SHEPHEARD b 1669.
Youdan, Barker, Blackhurst, Hartley

Offline wump

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hatfield (Doncaster) Parish Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 March 09 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Micky,
 I'm afraid  I can't help with this but hoped you may be able to help me.
 I note your first post back in feb 07, where you have traced back to Samuel Youdan (1809) and his wife Mary (1803). I have only got to my gt.gt. grandfather William at 162/164 Broomhall St in Sheffield, together with his wife Susannah, and his mother Mary born approx. 1803 at Sandal. The person who used to live at this address before him was a Samuel Youdan, bricklayer, who I suspect was his father, although it could be another relation. If you recognise any of this your help would be appreciated, as I have no documentary evidence of the line back from William and Susannah.
                                 Thanks, Alan

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hatfield (Doncaster) Parish Lookup
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 March 09 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Micky,
A trawl through the parish registers shows:-
July 26 1668 John son of Thomas Youdall.
Thomas Youden 1697 is shown as "Proprieter of pews"This indicates that he was the owner of seats in Hatfield St.Lawrence church( actually seat number 2).
Under "Burials" we have :-
Udall
John buried 28/4/1631
Katherine buried 16/2/1647
Thomas buried 14/11/1639
Alice buried 17/9/1634.
Youdan
William son of Thomas buried 7/10/1667 and finally:-
Youdon
Elizabeth daughter of Thomas and Henry son of Thomas both buried on 9/9/1670..presumably twins died at birth.
I hope this might help.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.