Author Topic: Richards Marriage  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Hatster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Richards Marriage
« on: Saturday 29 March 08 09:39 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone could help me.  I'm trying to track down the marriage of William Richards b 1840 in Nantyglo and his wife Sarah b 1842 in Carmarthenshire (?Sarno Lodge) 

I have what I think may be the right marriage in Carmarthen in the 4th qtr 1865 Ref  11a/1190.   Unfortunately the BMD only gives 3 names on that page and although one is William Richards there is no Sarah there!

Does anyone know where I could get the information please?

Thanks

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richards Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 March 08 16:08 BST (UK) »
Do you have a birth certificate for one of their children? If so, go to the full GRO index, select dec qtr 1865 and Sarah plus surname and look for an entry with the same reference.
If you don't have a birth cert, either get one to find out Sarah's maiden name or take a gamble on the marriage cert.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 April 08 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Hatster

Did you make any progress with this?

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Hatster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 April 08 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have the name Sarah Jones (in Wales!!) from another contact - he seems pretty sure about this so I may just go ahead and order the marriage certificate.  I got sidetracked with another part of the family!!

Thanks for you interest - if you have access to any marriage information that would be great!!

Hatster

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 April 08 11:26 BST (UK) »
Well, a little progress then!  :D

I'm sorry I don't personally have access but a few RootsChatters do or else they visit the Record Office - fingers crossed for you!

Edit: a child's birth cert would confirm Sarah's maiden name ...
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline BoroGenes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 August 10 17:02 BST (UK) »
William Richards married Sarah Jones in the Bethlehem Chapel, Llanelly nr Crickhowell on 27 August 1864. William was born at Nantyglo and Sarah at Sarnau Lodge, Camarthenshire (Sarnau Mansion in which the Lodge is located is a B & B with a website.)

William and Sarah moved to Teeside. I have a photo taken in a steelworks with William, his son Thomas and his daughters, (Sarah Richard) husband Joseph Barrass.

I am related to all these people and knew the Barrass family personally. Are you related to this family?

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 August 10 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Borogenes and welcome!  :D

The original poster, Jenny, hasn't been online for a few months, but hopefully will get a notification of your reply and return to the thread.

The rest of us are just helping out.

Offline Hatster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 August 10 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi - this is Jenny - alias Hatster, but I can't seem to log on in that name!

Borogenes- I believe we know each other and have had email correspondence this week!  Thanks for the reply though!