Author Topic: Birth Record Allington Dorset 1773  (Read 2568 times)

Offline ann7

• RootsChat Extra
  • The best way out of a difficulty is through it
    • View Profile
Birth Record Allington Dorset 1773
« on: Saturday 05 April 08 03:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find a birth record for Thomas Morey said to be born Allington 1773. Have looked and check other sources and have not found him. Father may or may not be John Morey  ???

The only details I have is a 20 year old family tree and I don't know where he found the birth record for Thomas as I can't find one anywhere and am now unable to ask the person who did the tree. Thomas married Mary Burtt  15 Nov 1795 Iwerne Minster  and died 1824 Durweston.

Would appreciate any help
Regards
Ann7
Ellis/London
Morey/Dorset/London
Hodsoll/Kent/London
Organ/Devon/Cornwall/London

Offline stannarp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Record Allington Dorset 1773
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 April 08 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,

Try this link:  http://www.opcdorset.com/Allington&Bridport/Bridport&Allington.htm

It will take you to the Allington OPC page - there are a lot of MOREY's there, couldn't find your Thomas in 1773, but you may find some leads that make sense to you there...

Also - have a look at the Dorset OPC page, http://www.opcdorset.com/, I've found a whole bunch of my families through those links!

Regards,

Patricia
Current Research:
RYAN (Waterford, Ireland), BENNETT (Queenstown, South Africa), SELLER (Australia)

Top Surnames:

PHILLIPS (Stithians, Cornwall)
STANNARD (Long Stratton, Norfolk)
CAVE (Milbourne Port, Somerset)
SELLER (Staffordshire)
ROSE (Somerset)
SAUNDERS (Idmiston, Wiltshire)
SADLER (Somerset)
MERCER (Donhead St Andrew, Wiltshire)
VINCENT (Wiltshire)
SPARGO (Stithians, Cornwall)

https://stannardroseza.blogspot.com/

Offline ann7

• RootsChat Extra
  • The best way out of a difficulty is through it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 April 08 16:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks Stannarp

Have already searched these sites including all he parish records for Dorset, was just hoping that there is a Morey out there with this Thomas on their tree and have the details for his father.
Many thanks for replying
Ann7
Ellis/London
Morey/Dorset/London
Hodsoll/Kent/London
Organ/Devon/Cornwall/London

Offline enwau

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 June 12 20:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Ann , We may
or may not be in contact re Genes Reunited?Anyway I was given Thomas Birth as -1773-and his wife Mary Burt as 1775.According to my detail his father was a John Morey and Anne Scriven?Hope this helps.Do correct me if you have found more.Where the Moreys first appeared from remains a mystery to me.My Moreys were dark and olive skinned and I go with the theory of them coming in from spain or in a diaspora.I have also heard France mentioned as a possibility.

Offline jusnoneed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, Freereg has a Thomas Morey baptised 26 Mar 1780 St Swithun, Allington. Parents Thomas and Elizabeth.
They also had Ann bapt  1783

There is a marriage of Thomas Morey to Elizabeth Conneck at Loders, Dorset. 26 Sep 1779

Few other Moreys on there which may tie in with your tree. Try putting in just the surname/dorset/and date with + - 10 year search.
Masters, Parker, A'Court, Cary(ey), Cannon, Oram, Reynolds, Hennessy, Chislett,
Somerset
Muspratt,Pitman - Wiltshire, Dorset
Treasure - Stoke Lane & Sherborne

Offline enwau

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 October 12 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find a birth record for Thomas Morey said to be born Allington 1773. Have looked and check other sources and have not found him. Father may or may not be John Morey  ???

The only details I have is a 20 year old family tree and I don't know where he found the birth record for Thomas as I can't find one anywhere and am now unable to ask the person who did the tree. Thomas married Mary Burtt  15 Nov 1795 Iwerne Minster  and died 1824 Durweston.

Would appreciate any help  Hello Ann, I am altering details I gave you another time according to a record on ancestry Thomas Morey 1773 tarrant gunville was son of john morey and elizabeth Huet of Milton abbass.I am also wondering if our Moreys were of gypsy origin as there were a lot of removal orderorders  ;)
Regards
Ann7