Author Topic: Can Anyone Help Please  (Read 1272 times)

Offline sylvia 57

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Can Anyone Help Please
« on: Saturday 15 January 05 14:13 GMT (UK) »
I have got my grandparents marrage lines that i sent of for .
But I have been able to trace my grandfather  family as yet unable to trace grandmothers side
I know she was born in 1881 dont know were and died in 1964 in sheffield
I know she was married to someone with the surname MORRIS  but in 1909 she married my grandfather Samuel Cusworth and they lived at 6 and 10 brampton road wath upon dearne the problem is i cant find anything about my grandmothers family at all her maiden name as shown on her marrage cert to my grandfather is CLEWES and her father was Thomas Clewes no distrcy  so am at a loss were to go next any advice would be very welcome
thanks

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can Anyone Help Please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 05 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Well you could start by telling us her first name.

You would also need to search the BMD indexes for both marriages. Record any that match name-wise. Then look at what you have and if it doesn't make sense; ask some more.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline sylvia 57

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 05 14:47 GMT (UK) »
sorry her first name is MARY ANN i have found one that might match but not sure as the surname is spelt CLOWES it is on freebnd  were she marruied a joseph morris  in stoke upon trent cant find his death so unless he died before 1909 it isnt the right one

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 January 05 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sylvia

Did your grandmother have any children from the first marriage?  Just thinking that a birth certificate for any known children would give the father's name.

When did this CLOWES/MORRIS marriage that you mention take place?

Are there no other clues on the marriage certificate ie. were any of the witnesses her relatives?  What was her father's occupation?  Does it say whether the father was deceased or not in 1909?

Casalguidi

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sylvia 57

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 January 05 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Casalguidi
I dont think my grandmother had any children from her first marrage that I know of
the only marrage i can find is between joseph morris and mary ann clowes in june 1896 still dont know if it is the right one due to the spelling as i have my grandmothers maiden name as CLEWES
the marrage lines i have is between mary ann morris dormally clewes and xamuel cusworth
july 26th 1909  in the parish of brampton beirlow  living at 6 and 10 brampton road wath upon dearne samuel was 24 years old  and a bachelor mary ann was 28 years old and widow  fathers name of mary ann is Thomas Clewes  profession brick layer 
deseased
witnesses were harry hill and elizabeth dudley 
sorry that is all i know
I am so gratefull for your help