Author Topic: Caulfield - Timulty (Tummulty)  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Beach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caulfield - Timulty (Tummulty)
« on: Sunday 13 April 08 20:42 BST (UK) »
My ggrandmother Ellen O'Hara daughter of James Caulfield and Ellen Timulty (Tummulty) is listed in the 1911 census as born in Westmeath.  I have found James and Ellens marriage record in the parish district of Tubberclaire on 7/2/1842 - no church mentioned.   In May 1880 on their daughter Ellens marriage certificate they are listed as living in Ballymahon (no other details).  I wonder  is anyone else researching this family?
Kinsella McDonald - Wicklow  Gaffney O'Hara Humphreys Davis Brophy - Dublin  Caulfield Timulty Westmeath/Longford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Caulfield - Timulty (Tummulty)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 April 08 22:14 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat but keep in mind that civil registration of marriages asks for the residence of bride and groom at the time of the marriage- this may or may not be their birthplace or where their parents were living.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Beach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 April 08 22:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.  Ellen O'Hara (nee Caulfield) was living in Ballsbridge, Dublin when she married Patrick O'Hara in 1880 and her parents are listed as living in Ballymahon.  Ellen probably came to Dublin for work.  Unfortunately I can find no other information about her parents except their marriage in Tubberclaire in 1842 which I found on the IFHF website.
Kinsella McDonald - Wicklow  Gaffney O'Hara Humphreys Davis Brophy - Dublin  Caulfield Timulty Westmeath/Longford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 April 08 23:00 BST (UK) »
Is it the church record of the marriage that you have then?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Beach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 April 08 23:40 BST (UK) »
I have both the Church record and the Civil record for Ellen O'Hara (nee Caulfield).  For her parents James Caulfield and Ellen Timulty the information I got on line from the IFHF just says Parish District Tubberclaire - it does not give a Church.  It does say they are Roman Catholics.  I wonder would there have been more than one R.C. Church in Tubberclaire at that time.