Author Topic: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922  (Read 25102 times)

Offline sailorgirl529

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 20 May 12 18:29 BST (UK) »
Dear Caroline,

Wow, so happy to hear from you at last. I have been reading your posts for about 4 years now. I know you had some correspondence with a friend of the Tchitcherines from Connecticut here in the US. I have some conjecture about Sheila Tchitcherine that I would also like to run by you.

My information is about Frank's military service and his
occupation after the War.
I'm wondering if you've ever contacted Corpus, Cambridge about his studies there. I would love to know what the topic was but they have never responded.

If it's okay, I'd love for us to continue along in this way--perhaps I won't have to write everything I know here in the public light since I am working on an article about all of this :) I will be glad to share it with you in some sort of sideroom. It certainly is not definitive proof, but I think it will provide a window for you that will certainly bear light.

With the highest regard,
Veronica

Offline seamike

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 May 12 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Veronica,
 I am also in this quest, so by posting your 3rd message on the rootschat you can proceed to PM and we will open Pandora box :)

Cheers
Mike

Offline sailorgirl529

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 21 May 12 15:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mike! You'll need to initiate the PM as I am a novice and just rolling along here!
Veronica

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 21 May 12 19:24 BST (UK) »
Will let you know all that is revealed- and trust that you will share with me too!
C
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline axcik

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 20:34 BST (UK) »
To Gardiner 1

Elise supported both of them, for sure, but who supported them after her death?  ;)

<Re: Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
<« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 23:19 BST (UK) »    Reply with quote
<TO abthc:

<Frank TCHITCHERINE was absolutely not supported by his mother but he was supported by his elderly aunt all his <life long  ( and his mother too)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 21:35 BST (UK) »
Thi is all becoming tantalisingly close- but still not giving me the link between my Grandmother and Frank's mother. Is it significant that Gardiner is interested in this story- bearing in mind that Clementine's father's middle name was Gardiner ( a maternal surname passed down)?

Any information to resolve this very long and tangled puzzle would really help!

Many thanks

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 11:22 GMT (UK) »
I have had reason to re-open my files in this respect and would like to try and pick up on the thread of this conversation in my attempt to get a bit closer in finding out the reason behind my grandmother- who lived in Walthamstow all her life till she died in 1976, was corresponding with Princess Clementine Eristavi Tchitcherine- Frank's mother- from after WW2 until the early 1960s- both in Paris and then later in Cap Ferrat.
Could it have been  through Sheila Ballingel who Frank married after the War?
Was it in connection with Frank's involvement with aeronautics after the War?
I would love to know the connection with the RootsChat member Gardiner- as this was a family surname in respect of Clementine's father Herbert aka Charles De Vere.
Any help in pursuing this long standing research to a conclusion would be so wonderful.
Any help at all really would be appreciated as I am so near and yet so far- almost within touching distance now surely!
Caroline

Offline Tchitcherine family

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Sachnovsky and Baranorsky- born 1919/1922
« Reply #25 on: Monday 30 May 22 22:15 BST (UK) »
Did you ever get anywhere with this enquiry?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 08:36 BST (UK) »
I had a reason for reading this thread when I saw the name Tchitcherine and am wondering if the correspondence between Frank's mother Clementine and your grandmother could be through Frank. According to this Frank attended Brighton College then Cambridge. Could he have been a schoolfriend of your grandmother's son?
https://gravitys-rainbow.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:MobileDiff/3559

https://m.facebook.com/people/Frank-W-Tchitcherine/100029274906421/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!