Author Topic: Researching Anglesey Families  (Read 11442 times)

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Researching Anglesey Families
« on: Monday 15 March 04 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Iamtrying to research my gt.grandfather and parents his name is william thomas born 1869 aberffraw his father was also called william and his mother was elizabeth? she was born in liverpool so it states in the 1881 census i dont know if william was the only child love to find more siblings.
              any help appreciated.
                      jere ::)
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.

Offline tassiedevil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Welsh & Proud
    • View Profile
Re:Researching Anglesey Families
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 June 04 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to find my g-grandfather John Williams..still! I know he was born in Ceirchiog C 1825 according to the 1851 cencus for Greenfield Holywell where he was working for James Simon until 1855 when he migrated to Australia.
On the cencus it stated that he was living with his mother Ann ,a widow,who was born at Penlon,which was near Newborough C 1786.
I have been in Wales for the past month from Oz and have had no luck at Llangefni Records office in trying to find his birth/baptism records.
I am now at Aberystwyth and have been to the National Library here..again without much luck..
Have you any suggestions for me to try now?

Tassie.  :)
Williams, Anglesey and Holywell
Steven , Glasgow
Liddell, Paisley Abbey,Scotland
Lawson, Glasgow
Fitzsimons, Toronto & Glasgow

Offline EJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Researching Anglesey Families HUGHES/WATKIN/PARRY/WILLIAMS
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 July 04 03:15 BST (UK) »
Interested in tracing HUGHES/WATKIN and PARRY/WILLIAMS

1.  Elizabeth (Lizzi) WATKIN (born about 1788 and died after 1862) who married John HUGHES on 15 May 1804 at Holyhead.  Would love to know where they come from but have no other information.

2.  Jonet WILLIAMS and William PARRY.  They married on 6 Sept 1805 at Llanfechell and a daughter, Jane PARRY (aka WILLIAMS) was born around 1809/11 at Penmon.  Interested in their background too.

Thanks
EJ
EDWARDS - Llanaber
EVANS - Harlech
HUMPHREY/MORRIS - Llanbedr
LLOYD - Llanaber/Llanbedr/Llanfair
RICHARDS - Dolgelly/Llanaber
VINCENT/ROBERTS - Llanaber
WILLIAMS - Barmouth/Llanaber/Bontddu/Llanddwywe

GRIFFITH - Dolbenmaen
OWEN - Ynyscynhaiarn
PRITCHARD - Ynyscynhaiarn

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "The truth is out there",Special Agent Fox Mulder
    • View Profile
Re: Researching Anglesey Families
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 September 04 10:49 BST (UK) »
My grandmother, Edith Vaughan was born in Holyhead on February 17th 1889.Her father was Peter Phillips Vaughan but I have no details of her mother. If anyone can help with details or her I would greatly appreciate it.TIA.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline chiefsub68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Researching Anglesey Families
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 September 04 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Tassie

Hope you had some success in Wales. You sounded rather discouraged at times. My Williams are from Newborough, and there are links with Penwal, Penlon, as well as other houses in the area. The connection is through my Gt Gran Margaret Williams born 1859/60, whose sister Jane was the first wife of Sir John Prichard Jones, founder of the Newborough Institute. I was told as a boy that we were also related to Henry William Paget, Earl of Uxbridge, first Marquess of Anglesey, who is commemorated on the column at Llanfair PG, but I haven't found any substance to this yet - too many Williamses in the way!.

Good luck, and keep in touch.

Will

Hi, I am trying to find my g-grandfather John Williams..still! I know he was born in Ceirchiog C 1825 according to the 1851 cencus for Greenfield Holywell where he was working for James Simon until 1855 when he migrated to Australia.
On the cencus it stated that he was living with his mother Ann ,a widow,who was born at Penlon,which was near Newborough C 1786.
I have been in Wales for the past month from Oz and have had no luck at Llangefni Records office in trying to find his birth/baptism records.
I am now at Aberystwyth and have been to the National Library here..again without much luck..
Have you any suggestions for me to try now?

Tassie.  :)
:: Williams - Newborough and Conway
:: Bramhill/Bramhall/Brammall - Liverpool
:: Prossor - Ireland, Portsmouth, Southampton, Manchester and Liverpool
:: Unwin - Liverpool
:: Baker - Portsmouth
:: Elvidge - Notts
:: Albrow - Leeds, Manchester, London, Suffolk
:: Hudson - Leeds
:: Hoggarth - N.Yorks

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 November 04 23:52 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

Only joined Rootschat yesterday and first message I read was looking for relatives and details of my great grandmother's brother !!!

So contacted jere and yes we are related - 2nd cousins!!

How good is that for this site????

Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 November 04 23:57 GMT (UK) »
;D

Only joined Rootschat yesterday and first message I read was looking for relatives and details of my great grandmother's brother !!!

So contacted jere and yes we are related - 3rd cousins!!

How good is that for this site????

Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Carol,
That's wonderful news!!  :)  :)
Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Kennington

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 16 January 05 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Am looking for Evan STEPHENS b.1849 married to Sarah LLOYD b. 1848

They are my Grandmother's Grandparents.

Do not seem to be able to find Anglesey or Holyhead on 1891 Wales Census. Any tips please ?

Mary
Searching:<br />DASH - Cornwall ;STEPHENS - Anglesey / Holyhead ;KELLY - Whitehaven / Liverpool ;CARRICK - Wigton, Cumberland ;FARISH - Cumberland ;MASON - Ipswich ;FISK - Suffolk ;PRIEST - Suffolk & SW London ;HAWKS - London & Thetford, Norfolk
SMITHERS - London ;RIDGWELL - Norfolk ;ELSTON - London ;APPLEBY- London