Author Topic: Visitation or similar, Woods of Lambley around 1600?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Visitation or similar, Woods of Lambley around 1600?
« on: Monday 05 May 08 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi - I am trying to do the difficult task of tracking a line downwards,  I am looking at the Willoughbys of Wollaton,  from their web-site I found that Frances Willoughby d/o Francis married Montague Wood of Lambley in Notts, (marriage in 1597 in London from Boyds)  I am now trying to find out if they had any family,  does anyone have a visitation or register transcripts or anything which gives any clues?

Heres hopeing

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
Re: Visitation or similar, Woods of Lambley around 1600?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 May 08 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,
Haven't got access to the the Visitations, but there is a reference to the family iin 'Nottinghamshire Magna Brittanica Antiqua and Nova 1783'.
It says that Sir Francis Willoughby shared the manor of lambley between his daughter's Dorothy (wife of Henry Hastings) and Frances (wife of Montague Wood). Mr Hastings sold his moiety, "and Mr. Wood's posterity possesseth theirs at least in part."
If you put 'Lambley - Montague Wood' into the google search engine you will find that there is a site with the 'Montague Wood from Lambley' family tree
www.stirnet.com
*you have to register to get access.
Another site:
http://southwellchurches.nottingham.ac.uk/l01/hhistory.html
Hope these help a little.
Kind regards,
Paulene :)