Author Topic: Simon CRISP died 1823 **COMPLETED**  (Read 1766 times)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Simon CRISP died 1823 **COMPLETED**
« on: Sunday 18 May 08 03:45 BST (UK) »

Hi All

Looking for information on Simon CRISP who died in Suffolk in 1823 - only have burial date of 19 Jan 1823. 

I do know that he married twice --- firstly to Mary BARKER in Suffolk 6 Jan 1771 and they had 9 children that I know of ( William, Mary, Elizabeth, Simon, John, Sarah, John, Hannah and Barker)  and secondly to Susan BROWN 13 Jan 1809. 

I would love to find Simon's birth and with luck his parents............. estimate he was born about 1748 most likely in either Suffolk or Norfolk.  Have checked the IGI but not come up with anything useful or concrete.

Any help and guidance much appreciated.

Cheers
Karenlee
Brisbane Australia
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
Re: Simon CRISP died 1823
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 May 08 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi karenlee

You didn't mention it, but Simon Crisp was buried in Wrentham, Suffolk. He was also recorded as having died at age 76 so he was probably born in 1746. [Source: Suffolk Burials Index]

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 May 08 23:14 BST (UK) »

Thanks for that Dave... knew I'd forget to put something in. ;D

Karenlee

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 June 08 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

I had a look at transcript of Wrentham PR but could not find a baptism around this time for Simon Crisp, sorry.

You don't say where he married his wives but couldn't see them in the transcripts for Wrentham?

However, I did find a burial for Mary Crisp buried 7th August 1804 married woman aged 55.

Best wishes
Anne

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 June 08 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hi again!

I have been trawling round looking for another post you may have started, because under my notes about this lookup, I had also written "Esther Rix 1699" - and now I don't know where I got that from!

???

But -

When looking at Wrentham PRs, I did see that Esther Rix m. Simon Crisp 29th June 1699. So sorry it's not on the correct post, but I assume it's your information as the name's the same  ;D

Regards
Anne

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 June 08 23:35 BST (UK) »

Hi annes

I have no Esther RIX with my line of CRISP ---- I am sure that she is with the other CRISP family that was around the same place at the same time and they are linked to the family of  Steffe CRISP, which is not my line.   :(

Thanks for that anyway. ;D

Karenlee

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simon CRISP died 1823 **COMPLETED**
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 23 July 17 09:59 BST (UK) »
There was also a Simon Crisp and Mary having children in Diss, and Simon Crisp and Sarah having children in Thelveton