Author Topic: R E JONES petrol staion, Swansea 1938  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Avoca

• RootsChat Extra
  • 1589 - 2004
    • View Profile
R E JONES petrol staion, Swansea 1938
« on: Thursday 29 May 08 12:04 BST (UK) »
I have a photograph, about 1938 of family outside the R E JONES petrol station. I would like to know where this was located, if possible. I recall R E JONES and the Mackworth Hotel. Can somebody help please.

Avoca
Bevan, Swansea and Gower - Bishopston, Pennard and Porteynon, Date, Swansea, and, Bridgwater and Porlock, Somerset, Hughes,  Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth and Talybont, Cardiganshire, Shea, Swansea, Morrissey, Swansea and Cappoquin, Clancy, Swansea and Avoca, Casey, Swansea, Balch, Swansea, Moore, Porlock, Somerset, Thomas, Swansea and Carmarthenshire, Jarvis/Jervis, Somerset, Murphy, Swansea and Ireland

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: R E JONES PETROL STATION SWANSEA 1938
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 May 08 12:26 BST (UK) »
Mackworth Hotel was in Wind Street, but re-opened in High Street by R E Jones

http://www.swanseaheritage.net/swanseathroughtheyears/building.asp?BUILDING_ID=32
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Avoca

• RootsChat Extra
  • 1589 - 2004
    • View Profile
Re: R E JONES PETROL STATION SWANSEA 1938
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 11:09 BST (UK) »
Bevan, Swansea and Gower - Bishopston, Pennard and Porteynon, Date, Swansea, and, Bridgwater and Porlock, Somerset, Hughes,  Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth and Talybont, Cardiganshire, Shea, Swansea, Morrissey, Swansea and Cappoquin, Clancy, Swansea and Avoca, Casey, Swansea, Balch, Swansea, Moore, Porlock, Somerset, Thomas, Swansea and Carmarthenshire, Jarvis/Jervis, Somerset, Murphy, Swansea and Ireland

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: R E JONES petrol staion, Swansea 1938
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 17:37 BST (UK) »
If you click on the link, there's a photo. The Mackworth started off in Wind Street but was demolished to make room for the main post office. A new Mackworth was built in High Street, R E Jones Ltd having bought the name and goodwill. I think it was next to Lewis Lewis.   
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb