Author Topic: Marriage - JENKINS/PERKINS - 1800's  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Ayjay228

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Marriage - JENKINS/PERKINS - 1800's
« on: Friday 30 May 08 03:17 BST (UK) »
Looking for the marriage date and other info. on Richard JENKINS and Anne PERKINS at Llangendeirne c. 1825-1835.

The 1841 and 1851 Census records show them in Tynewydd Farm, Blaun(?), Llangendeirne. They had at least 4 children born between 1829 and 1841. Richard had 4 siblings but I'd like to confirm this also, as well as who his parents were.

I used to be able to access the 3-county marriage index, but I'm not able to any more. Any help finding more on this JENKINS family and also the PERKINS family would be greatly appreciated.

allan
Jenkins; Griffiths; Reynolds; Simlett; Harries; Evans

Offline Mike Thw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - JENKINS/PERKINS - 1800's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 June 08 10:33 BST (UK) »
This is from IGI -  take it with care. May not even be the one you'r looking for.

On Google maps Llangendeirne is given as Llangendeirne, Kidwelly so:

12 December 1828 at Kidwelly, Carmarthen Richard Jenkins (c 1803  of Derwending, Kidwelly ) married an Anne (in one of the entries he married a Jane PERKINS!!)

Working backwards his parents may have been John Jenkins and Margaret Morris. He could be one of 7 siblings.

Offline Ayjay228

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 June 08 17:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this. It may be the one I'm looking for, I also found that same date, but I need to look further.

I also have in my notes that Richard's father was also Richard, but I can't find where I got that from!  :(

Did Richard also marry a Jane Perkins you say? Was that also from IGI? This will add more confusion to this family.... ???

Anyway, thanks again, my search continues.
Jenkins; Griffiths; Reynolds; Simlett; Harries; Evans

Offline Mike Thw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 June 08 18:08 BST (UK) »
Jane Perkins: there are four entries for Richard's marriage on IGI. Three of them give "Anne" as the spouse. However, one, for the same place and date gives "Jane Perkins" as wife.

It's one of the reasons IGI is a bit iffy  :P