Author Topic: Completed - thank you ......Humphrey Williams watchmaker  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Phay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Sandy Stallworthy ... My Mum ... 4.4.46 - 15.1.02
    • View Profile
Completed - thank you ......Humphrey Williams watchmaker
« on: Tuesday 10 June 08 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hey good ppl,

A couple of years ago i looked into a friends family roots.  Part of his family were watchmakers in wales.  Now my friend is interested in finding out if there is ne more information online about his watchmakin rellis. 

When I was lookin at his family for him I found a site that had pictures of some of the watches that his family made however, since then my computer and all his info has been destroyed and for the life of me I cannot find the site again.

Humphrey Williams ran a watchmakers, acording to the trade directories. From around 1856 till 1889 at 20 Castle Square, Carnarvon.

Any information on sites or the work of the family would be very gratefully recieved.

thank you in advance.

Phay
STALLWORTHY, ANASTASIOU, WINFIELD, TAYLOR, OXINIOU, LOUCA, BROWN, SCHAFER, VASILI, HAJIVASILI, OXINOS,

Offline Eliza33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Completed - thank you ......Humphrey Williams watchmaker
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 September 12 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Phay
Only just noticed your note in 2008 on Humphrey Williams Watchmaker Carnarvon.
He is part of my family, my 4 x great Uncle.  I understand you were looking into his family for a friend of yours.  Are you or he still interested in a photo of a clock made by him?
Regards
Eliza33