Author Topic: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill  (Read 18849 times)

Offline jj48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 March 09 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya
Yes we have just connected on Ancestry
Jenny :)
bowen
loose
thorpe

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 July 09 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya

I was just looking through some different area's trying to find some info on the Thorpe family when I came across you.

Benjamin and Jane are a part of my descendents - there son John is my dads ggranddad and [my dad isn't sure but he thinks Edward was his granddad] - my dads father was William Thorpe married Ruby. Some of my dads family lived at 'Thorpe Cottage' in the Rockingham area it has two large pine trees which were planted sometime in the 1920's. I will continue to look further to find out if Edward is my dads grandfather. My father is another William Thorpe and is in his early 60's.

Thanks! Linda :D

Offline Ande

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I doubt we have a connection, but I have a mysterious Benjamin Thorpe in my family. He was born cir 1820s, and married Elizabeth Smith in Gawler, South Australia, Sept 1853. I believe they had 4 children, Thomas John, John Howard, Henry (Harry) William Benjamin and Elizabeth Smith Thorpe.

I have no idea where Benjamin is from, he's so evasive! I can't even find a death record for him in South Australia, neither can I find an immigration record for him in SA. Do you think it's possible he's a son of your Benjamin and he came across from Fremantle? I think it's a long-shot, but it never hurts to ask!

Thanks,
Lauren
JONES, HALL, CHACE, WRIGHT, CROCKER, NEPEAN, LAWRANCE, THORPE, ELLIOT, MORAN, all in South Australia. STÄRKE, SCHOLZ/SHOLZ in Prussia and South Australia. WATERS, FOWLER, INCE, MEARS, LLOYD, TRUSTER and COOPER in England (mainly Surrey). FRANKORT, LEUNISSEN, MUIJRERS, BROURERS, GORISSEN, DAMOISEAUX and LAHAYE/LAHIAJE in Limburg, Netherlands.

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ande,

I have the SA BMD indexes, I will have a look and see what I can come up with if you don't have them for you. 

Let me know.

Regards
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi LDT,

I have some info on Pines Cottage as well as a couple of photo's I think of the ruins only.  If you are interested let me know.

Regards
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya

Thanks for getting back to me. So it looks like we are talking about the same people. Any info you have would be great. I have a book called Kwinana Third Time Lucky By Laurie Russell, it has some pictures of the cottage before it turned to ruins. It also has some background on us Thorpe's.

You haven't said but I'm guessing you yourself are a Thorpe. If you don't mind could you tell me where you fit into the family tree?

And again any info would be great!

Linda... Merry Christmas Everyone! ;D

Offline Ande

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming you don't have any Thorpes in SA then? I've checked the SA BDM indexes before (a few times, I think), but maybe you'll be able to find something I missed, so I'd really appreciate you taking a look for me.

Cheers,
Lauren
JONES, HALL, CHACE, WRIGHT, CROCKER, NEPEAN, LAWRANCE, THORPE, ELLIOT, MORAN, all in South Australia. STÄRKE, SCHOLZ/SHOLZ in Prussia and South Australia. WATERS, FOWLER, INCE, MEARS, LLOYD, TRUSTER and COOPER in England (mainly Surrey). FRANKORT, LEUNISSEN, MUIJRERS, BROURERS, GORISSEN, DAMOISEAUX and LAHAYE/LAHIAJE in Limburg, Netherlands.

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 December 09 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Yes definately the same people.  Would love to see a piccy of the house before it was in ruins, I have some info from the Kwinana Council but no 'before' picture.   My GGG Grandmother was Elizabeth Thorpe, wife of James Joseph Beacham.  Her Daughter Sarah Beacham my GG Grandmother married Henry Jennings.  Their daughter Myrtle Jennings married George Henningsen and their daughter Thelma was my Nana.  Do you know of any old family photo's; more than willing to share the photo's that i have collected over the past couple of years.  Firmly believe that the more copies of these photo's there are the less chance of them being lost.  Really looking for a photo of James Joseph Beacham.  I have a photo of Elizabeth Thorpe in her later years and some photo's of other Thorpe's that were sent to me from a branch of the family in Katanning.  Do you live in Perth?

Tanya ::)

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 04 December 09 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya

Well I see that Elizabeth is the youngest of the 8 children and the sister of my gg/granddad John Thorpe MAR Mary, they had 10 children. My g/granddad William Thorpe was the 1st born he MAR Ms Gaye and they had 3 children. My Granddad William Thorpe (yes another William) the 2nd born MAR Ruby and they had 2 children. My dad William Thorpe (yes i know another William) the 2nd born and 18years younger than his brother MAR Faye and they had 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls the oldest boy is also a William my younger brother.

Sorry no photo's of any other line of Thorpe's only a few of the John and Mary Thorpe side. Though I have scanned some photo's of the cottage hopefully they will get to you as I'm not a 100% sure if I've done it right. You might get 2 of each or something strange like that. Oh yeah by the way we do live in Perth.