Author Topic: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill  (Read 18844 times)

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Thorpe & Jane Hill
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 02 February 10 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanya and Brenny

Yeah my dad will probably want to go so I'll be there.
Yeah I'm surprised they don't have any of the cottage too, that book of mind has a couple of photo's, though my brother has it the moment.

Well I've got both your emails will send mine.

Linda  :D

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 April 10 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Brenny and Linda,

I have lost to the details for the cemetary dedication tomorrow.  If one of you will check your emails before leaving can you right down the time and place for me please.  Short of that I will take my chances!!  Thanks!!

Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline LDT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 18 April 10 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya

Sorry didn't get your message until now. Did you find the place ok? I went with my dad (Bill) and brother (David), I looked around at afternoon tea to see if I could see you or Brenny as we had name tags on, but no luck. I met my cousin for the first time and she had lots of great photo's of my dad his dad and his mum which was really nice to see. I finally got to see what my nana Ruby looked like, she was beautiful. My boss was there aswell as his wife was a Thorpe, so that was a bit weird.

anyway it was a good day, it would be nice if we could all catch up like that every so often.

Linda :D

Offline REILLY JOHN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 17:52 BST (UK) »
goof evening from Paris

what i know my grand grand-father was Thorpe from London located in Elmroad
upper richmond road he was architect he used to work for the famous new big sewer made by the 18 century after the terrible cholera epidemic.
he had 9 children one of them was my grand-mother grace ethel Thorpe
she had 2 girls Ivy and Gladys, i am the Gladys son.
does the Thorpe coming from the same area?
i know nothing about this side of the english family
thank you to your comments

my best regards

Reilly

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 30 October 10 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Reilly,

Nice to meet you.  Unfortunately I can't answer that question.  My Thorpe ancestors originated from Shropshire, UK.   Living around the Buildwas area.  I have not found a connection to London, but that is not to say that there isn't one.  I have not traced the entire tree as it is huge, many children and so therefore many decendants.  If you have a look at previous replies on this post, most of the ancestry line appears.  My ancestors emmigrated to Australia in the early 1830's and lived in the Rockingham area of West Aust.  Please have a read through the replies and if you can match anything up, I would love to hear from you again.

Cheers from the Land Down Under!
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 22 March 19 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Tanya here.  Lost my password for Rootschat and have just gotten back into searching.  Not sure if you both still come on here, but figured only one way to find out. 
:)

Offline Chic62

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi all I’m a descendant if Benjamin thorpe and James Jill 👍 their daughter Mary Ann was my great great grand mother 👍 been researching and found out tis bits here n there keen to cross reference if you like .

Cheers
Chic62