Author Topic: GEORGE HOOD  (Read 28696 times)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: GEORGE HOOD
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 26 June 08 05:45 BST (UK) »
Cando  is Jane Lowe in  the same grave?

I  think  one of our fellow rooters has  the MI  for Rookwood CD  not  sure though
think  it was on  the Jackeroo thread ;)
regards Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 26 June 08 06:12 BST (UK) »
Jane LOWE not in same grave and died in 1891

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 26 June 08 06:16 BST (UK) »
Cando, there is no inscription for George Hood 1915, not on cd

There is a Jane Hood died 24/8/1931 67 yrs, she is the wife of a John Hood died 12/8/1923 (Insc' Husb in 63rd year)

Can't remember back over the post but wouldn't she be too young for a match

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 26 June 08 07:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Cazay,

That's a very good find.

I guess that rules out Jane HOOD who d 1931 - as this Jane Hood's husband was John and he died in 1923.

'Our' Jane HOOD's husband was George and he died in 1915.  The age would not have been a problem - 'our' Jane (ms GOLDING) married in 1887 and was of 'full age' at the time of her marriage.

I'm still tempted by Jane LOW who d 1945.

JAP

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 26 June 08 11:54 BST (UK) »
Cando,
Sorry if you feel I am not passing on enough certificate info. I only have George sen's marriage, death and George Junior's marriage and death. If I have missed anything that will help sorry and I will try harder. I cannot get details as Jap suggested of Roys birth as I have no access to these records. I did hear from Rookwood via e-mail today that both George's do not have headstones -so another loss. As for getting articles from the Sydney papers not sure how to proceed with that. Again sorry if you feel I am being obstructive.

John

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 26 June 08 12:11 BST (UK) »
Cando,
Sorry if you feel I am not passing on enough certificate info. I only have George sen's marriage, death and George Junior's marriage and death. If I have missed anything that will help sorry and I will try harder. I cannot get details as Jap suggested of Roys birth as I have no access to these records. I did hear from Rookwood via e-mail today that both George's do not have headstones -so another loss. As for getting articles from the Sydney papers not sure how to proceed with that. Again sorry if you feel I am being obstructive.

John

John I became a tad frustrated that you didn't respond to two or more requests for George's place of burial which would have been detailed on his death certificate.  I found the burial on the Rookwood Independent website today.  All the details listed on certificates need to be listed otherwise it involves lots of searching. 

Back to basics John....what you need to know is -  are these George's related...ie father and son.  I am troubled by the occupation 'boilermaker' and the mother's maiden name on George Jnr's marriage cert in 1924.  Surely a 24 year old would know the occupation of his father and there is certainly a difference between a "painter" and boilermaker and the maiden name of is mother. 

Hopefully you can find an obit or two to help things along.

Cheers
Cando   

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 26 June 08 12:29 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I really hope no-one will mind my just totoally chipping in here as an interested watcher of this thread.

John, It would be REALLY helpful and a way of making  a summary of potentially useful facts if you would please.....
Type out the entire contents of the certificates you hold.

It has been suggested before and it would help in ways we may not see as obvious as yet.
Go for it!!
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 26 June 08 13:55 BST (UK) »
Interred in the grave adjacent to George Snr is a William Henry HOOD who died in 1908 aged 23 and from the bdm indexes had parents Henry and Ellen.

Interred in the same grave as George Snr is Eugene MARALIS [MORELUSS on the cemetery register]  who died in 1886 aged 14 months with parents Henry and Elizabeth.

Cando

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 26 June 08 16:28 BST (UK) »
Cando, and others
I feel fully chastised now and will sit down a little later and  type every single detail on certs I have. Your last listing was interesting. This William Henry Hood was William Henry Hawthorne Hood died aged 23 on 5.3.1908. I have his death cert as I thought he was a William I had lost who's parents were Henry Hood and Ellen Cawood. Not so, mother is Ellen Amelia Ashby. William was born in Hawthorne Victoria and had lived in NSW for 20 years.

John