Author Topic: Calling all Counties - PLEASE help me find this marriage COMPLETED  (Read 801 times)

Offline tilly56

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Calling all Counties - PLEASE help me find this marriage COMPLETED
« on: Wednesday 02 July 08 14:19 BST (UK) »
Help please - I am trying to find a marriage in the early 1700s.  I thought it would have taken place in Berkshire as on IGI the couple are both given as being born there.  Also their sons were born in Berkshire (I have copies of the Parish records).  However, I am beginning to wonder whether I am right.......and, also, whether IGI is right about the place of birth.

Edward Clifford married Ann something, somewhere in England!  They had at least two sons, Edward born February 1759 in Berks and Charles born February 1761, also in Berkshire.

(The second son, Charles, when a widower, married a second time in Berkshire to a Fanny Spalding.  Again, I have a copy of the records - the witnesses are Thomas Spalding, Mary Ann Tudor and A. Spalding. )

All this has been found for me by a lady from the Berkshire Family History Soc - but no sign of Edward and Ann's marriage, or Edward's birth.

The family had a lot of property in London - so maybe Edward and Ann spent some of the year in London and some in Berkshire and the children were born when they were in their Berkshire home....  However, I can't find anything ???

SO - I would be grateful for information concerning ANY marriages of an Edward Clifford to Ann something in about 1750 - 1760,  and ANY births of an Edward Clifford in about 1730............... and maybe one of them will be my Edward!

I don't know if this a logical way to go about things............... but I don't  know what else to do ::)

Any ideas or information very gratefully received

Tilly  :)

Lancaster- L. Buzzard  Johnson - Northampts
Lancaster, Perryer-Fulham
Clifford - London, ssx, S Africa, Berks, Wilts  
Divall-Ssx  Randall-Ssx, Surrey 
Rossi-Sienna Notts Leics London   
Brimfield    Seton 
Rix - Norfolk   Burke - Co Clare

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk