Author Topic: royal fusiliers 19th res  (Read 1576 times)

Offline paston

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
royal fusiliers 19th res
« on: Thursday 03 July 08 12:35 BST (UK) »
 :)hi anyone out there who knows about this reg, frank walter trowse was a private with them in 1916 as its on the marriage certificate when he married my great aunt on 1/1/1916.
they were both from norwich but on the certificate he gives the address 11 walton street ,oxford and this as his occupation.
i have looked a little into this reg and it seems they were uni men and public school boys but he didnt attend the uni and ive tried several public schools with no luck.
any advise would be great

who has the info on these royal fusiliers! ??? ??? ???

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: royal fusiliers 19th res
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 July 08 12:53 BST (UK) »
I am going to move this across to the Armed Forces board for you as I think that you may get a better response to your query there.

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kyt

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.cfww2.com Commonwealth Forces of WW2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 July 08 13:00 BST (UK) »
There is a medal card for a Frank W Trowse but he is listed as Durham Light Infantry and Manchester Regiment:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?Edoc_Id=5828988&queryType=1&resultcount=16

K

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 July 08 14:33 BST (UK) »
....and in one of your previous posts you state that Middleton Norwich was his last address before he joined the MANCHESTER regiment -so the medal card could possibly be his

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 July 08 16:00 BST (UK) »
The 19th Battalion of the Royal Fusiliers were indeed the 19th (Service) Battalion (2nd Public Schools). It may be a mistake and be the 29th Battalion who were the 29th (Reserve) Battalion, or 29th Res.

His medal index card may only give the DLI/Manchesters as he served overseas with them. They would not be interested in his training battalion. You will have to wait to see if Ancestry will be publishing his records when they get to the Ts. If they have been lost you could still go to Kew and look up the medal roll referred to on his MIC. This should give the date of enlistment.

Ken

Offline paston

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 July 08 17:49 BST (UK) »
hi what about the 10th res was that one, im just taken as i can what it says on the marriage certificate but the only other option is the 10th.

also someone very kindly looked for me only the other  day at kew for his service record and said he couldnt find any ???
but you say that his medal roll will or might have his enlistment date? what other info is with that do you know? :)

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 July 08 09:16 BST (UK) »
The 10th were a service battalion, see - http://www.1914-1918.net/royalfus.htm

ken

Offline paston

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 04 July 08 20:10 BST (UK) »
 :) what do i do know? the marriage certificate has got private 19th or 10th  res royal fusiliers  ??? doesnt add up but he was living in oxford and i know at a lodging house !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 04 July 08 20:43 BST (UK) »
To be honest which training battalion he was in is just not important. And as I have already said his papers may be coming onto Ancestry in a few months.