Author Topic: Help needed to find ancestor in France.  (Read 873 times)

Offline dondon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed to find ancestor in France.
« on: Saturday 05 July 08 01:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,I'm trying to trace my great uncle who was in ww1 and then became a citizen/naturalized in France(pas de calais) area and married.His name is Allen Beeching and he was born 1894 in Gravesend Kent,i have the 1901 census with him on it and his medal roll info but thats it.He died there in abt 1950/60 but i have tried and failed miserably!
Any help would be great.
Regards. :)
Beeching,Cassidy,Stone,Ashby,Featherstone,Francis,Savage.

Chalk,Sevenoaks,Halling(alot of Kent areas,too many to list)
Ireland,Worcester.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed to find ancestor in France.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 July 08 00:52 BST (UK) »
If you go to www.patro.com and search for Beeching you will see records for him in 1924/5 (naturalization) + one hit in 1925 for 'Beeching nee Cauchet' which is probably for his wife.

If you then go to www.geopatronyme.com you will see where Beechings were born - one up to 1915, b. in Ostreville, Pas de Calais, two in 1941-1965, at that time in Charolles, Saône et Loire, one 1965-1990, in Valence, Drôme. I would suggest looking at these regions for relatives - i.e. there is a Jean Louis Beeching living in Charolles if you look at an online phone book (e.g. http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/trouverunnom/RecherchePagesBlanches.do?portail=PJ )

www.geneanet.org - has someone researching Beeching in Charolles. You will need to sign up for a free account before you can contact them, I believe.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dondon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed to find ancestor in France.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 July 08 18:54 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the info Jorose,i contacted the person from Geneanet some time ago and never got a reply.I looked at the other bits you posted for me and yes it certainly looks like its him but i cannot look at the full piece so am hoping that some one has access to it on www.geopatronyme.com.
If anyone can that would be great.
Once again thanks for your time and knowledge!! ;D
Beeching,Cassidy,Stone,Ashby,Featherstone,Francis,Savage.

Chalk,Sevenoaks,Halling(alot of Kent areas,too many to list)
Ireland,Worcester.