Author Topic: Francis Johnson 1638, Ayscoughfee Hall, Pinchbeck and Clements Inn Middlesex.  (Read 1065 times)

Offline mew64

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Good morning everyone! I have a puzzle that I really need some help with please. There is an ancestor of mine, Francis Johnson, born 10th Sept 1638, son of John Johnson and Hannah Throckmorton. On every bit of information that I have found so far, it says "of Ayscoughfee Hall, Pinchbeck and Clements Inn Middlesex. All of my Johnson ancestors so far, have originated in Lincolnshire, mainly around the Mareham Le Fen area.
Ayscoughfee Hall is in Spalding, and I know it very well. It has recently been renovated and is a museum. The most notable of its' owners in the past have been the Johnsons, (Maurice Johnson founded the Gentlemens society in Spalding) I think it likely that Francis is connected to these Johnsons if he was born in the hall, but I have no idea how to start unravelling the connections!
The second place name mentioned is Pinchbeck, which is just outside Spalding. Does anyone know anything about Clements Inn please?
Francis' father, John, was born in Hern Hill ,Canterbury, Kent. 
Any ideas would be very welcome! Many thanks.