Author Topic: Thomas Pettican - Boxted  (Read 1108 times)

Offline zemanova

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Pettican - Boxted
« on: Tuesday 15 July 08 08:28 BST (UK) »
I am trying to identify the parents of Thomas Pettican christened 10th Oct 1813 in Boxted.  Information I have suggests his parents were Samuel Pettican and Mary Beardwell and I can find a marriage for this couple in Boxted 3rd Sept 1811.

However it has been suggested that this is the same Samuel who was born in Fordham in 1738 and who had 3 wives, the last being Mary Beardwell. The problem here is that Samuel would have been 75 at the time of Thomas's birth.  No impossible, depending on Mary's age, but in my view unlikley.

Thomas has a brother named William born Boxted in 1812 and they married sisters Susanna  & Sarah Southernwood.

Can anyone find any records of the parents of Thomas.

Many THanks

Dave

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Pettican - Boxted
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 July 08 11:40 BST (UK) »
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Pettican - Boxted
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 July 08 11:41 BST (UK) »
http:///boards/offer-help-other-family-history-researchers/392-essex-parish-registers-lookups-offered.html

B*g*er......the site is "Essex parish registers"/look ups offered....
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />