Author Topic: Cymau N Wales - MAY ROBERTS  (Read 2361 times)

Offline bmyoud

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cymau N Wales - MAY ROBERTS
« on: Friday 25 July 08 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi. This is the first time I have left a message......so here goes!!! 
I have done a lot of research on the Roberts family who lived in Cymau  N Wales by using the census from 1841 to 1901 and quite successfully. but now the hard work starts!

I have manged to find out the fate of most of the family of Edwin and Hannah Roberts (nee Williams). Hannah was the second wife.........the first was Jane Brown.

The one person I am struggling with  is MAY ROBERTS born in 1894 in Cymau. She had a daughter in 1916....no father is named....no living relative is able to shed light on the subject.   I have searched all the deaths and marriages within the area but to no avail. Does anyone out there know anything about a MAY ROBERTS please? Dob  29/9/1894. She was a general servant in 1916 and when her daughter was christened in 1927 it appears she was still in Cymau.  Please help........many thanks. 

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cymau N Wales - MAY ROBERTS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 July 08 20:27 BST (UK) »
Try this.  I have attached a census from 1901.  Yhe index states that it was Cymman but I think it was Cymau.
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline bmyoud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cymau N Wales - MAY ROBERTS
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 July 08 11:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for the info.   I was aware that she lived with Edwin and Hannah but my problem is that I do not know what happened to her after 1901.  I know she had a baby in 1916 who was my mother in law and who was born at the same address ason  this census.  I have traced all the other brothers and sisters but May seems to have vanished!!! Can not wait for 1911 census.