Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 6546 times)

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Advice needed
« on: Monday 28 July 08 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I have come across a problem in my Yeo Tree.  I have a George Yeo born 1753  died 1817 Bleadon as Married  in 1773 to a Ann Durbin of Whole, I then have him married to Sarah Tutton (nee Slade a Wid) in 1780) she dies in 1787 and then I have him married to Mary Slade 1767-1844  in 1787.

The above part of the Tree was done by a reaseacher for the BBC who do you think you are.

While on the Yoe Society website looking at records i found the marriage of

George and Sarah Tutton (wid) 11 sept 1780 Bleadon

I also found a Burrial for a

Sarah yeo 7 april 1787 Bleadon Second wife of george yeo

But then I find these 3 bap

Sarah Yeo  daugh of George and Sarah Tutton  2 July 1792 bleadon

Harriet Slade  Daugh of George and Sarah Tutton 9 June 1796 bleadon

Mary Daugh of George and Sarah Tutton 22 July 1801 Bleadon

All these bap are after Sarah Yeo died?????

But it has Harriets sister jane  born 1790 daugh of george and mary (mary was the 3rd wife)

Any thoughts????

Regards

Russell

Offline ROSEPIP

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 August 08 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi
do you know the ages of the children when they were baptised. i have a lot in my family that did not get baptised until they were older in their teens and twenties. i should check this out if you can

Rose
stoppard, cater, pinson, arthur, jinks, smith   Birmingham area
pippard, kitson, geard, rugg. montacute, cox  . somerset , bristol and gloucestershire area

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

No i do not know ages when Bap, but looking st the censes for Harriet it gives her age as C 1796 and Sarah c 1793 so seems to fit in with there bap dates.

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 16:04 BST (UK) »
To add more to the confusion George Yeo  1753 -1817 had a father also George Yeo 1715- 1763  in the BBC Tree they have him married to Anstance Day 1741, she died in 1748 they then have him married to Mary day in 1749 and have her death as 1779 of Milton

in the burial records for bleadon it has

Anstance Yeo 24 Jan 1748 w/o George Yeo
Mary Yeo (wid) 9 Jan 1779 From Milton
Mary Yeo  20 May 1780 w/o George Yeo

But there are two mary Yeo died within a year of each other???

They also have a infant child  Jane of George and Mary died 30 April 1780. so that rules out the first Mary and the second mary could have died soon after childbirth
and Mary Yeo died 22 July 1807 daugh of George and Mary which both marys are dead unless they still named the mother at death.but he only mary I came acorss for pos birth was the Mary born 1801 to george and Sarah but Sarah Dead by 1801?

george Yeo Died  sept 1786 son of george and Ann
William Yeo  may 1767 son of Mary Yeo (wid from Milton)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 16:43 BST (UK) »
Goodness no wonder you're confused ??? ;D

A few thoughts

Mary Yeo (wid) 9 Jan 1779 From Milton

The BBC may have got it wrong she may not have been married to a George as it doesn't say - perhaps you need to look around for another Yeo to Mary marriage and a suitable male Yeo burial to discount her. This one

Mary Yeo  20 May 1780 w/o George Yeo

looks more likely to be wife of George senior to me accept you have him dying 1763 so she can't be :(

Unless there is another George Yeo marrying a Mary?

Then it seems that there has to be another George to Sarah marriage to account for those children.

Don't seem to be helping much :D

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 17:24 BST (UK) »
This tree doen by the BBc also shows
George Yeo 1715-1763 Married Anstance Day in 1741 then married Mary Day in 1749

In the tree it has Frances Yeo born 1750 being the their daughter, she married Sam Norman son of Rev Henry Norman in 1769

In the Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry of Great Britain by Benard Burke it says

The rev Henry Norman has issue one being

Samuel

Mr Norman dies in 1780 aged 69 his 2nd surviving son Samuel Norman Esq of Yatton Co Somerset who m Frances Daug of William Yeo and by her had issue.

So this Frances was not the Daughter of George and Mary

but there is a francis son of George and Mary born 1750

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi jan

"Mary Yeo  20 May 1780 w/o George Yeo

looks more likely to be wife of George senior to me accept you have him dying 1763 so she can't be "

Would they not still put george name even tho he was dead on her record, as could read widow of george Yeo?

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 18:24 BST (UK) »
Regarding the marriage to Sarah Tutton it says sarah was a widow , but does not mention that George was married before is this common?

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 August 08 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

In all the burial entries I've seen "w of" would be "wife of", a widow seems to be entered as just that, as in the entry for the other Mary. As for the George to Sarah marriage it does seem strange that it isn't recorded that George was also a widow - could this also be pointing to there being 2 George/Sarah marriages? Not necessarily both in Bleadon.

I do empathise with you on this one - having a confusion of Thomas Underwoods and a tangle of William and Wandell Allsopps all marrying Ann/Hannah causing  me great difficulty. Still wouldn't it be boring if it all fell easily into place?

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge