Author Topic: smith/Randall 1900-1985 Reading  (Read 1268 times)

Offline ann1939

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
smith/Randall 1900-1985 Reading
« on: Wednesday 30 July 08 20:09 BST (UK) »
well here I am again.. this time its hunting for anyone who has a link with the following My Aunt was Mabel Smith D.O.B 1904 her parents were charles Henry Smith (cattle dealer( and Ada nee Andrews.
my Aunt Mabel (who always dressed in black and wore a turban style headwear) married an Edgar w Randall (1927) they had 3 children Raymond/Peter and Patricia..they lived most of there life in Gt Knollys street Reading berks u k. I have been given to believe there daughter married an American and went to America. if there is a public tree with any of these names on I would be very iterested.
all replys will be answered.
Ann nee Smith
Smith charles Henry or henry charles of East Hagbourne married 1889 age 23 to Ada Andrews

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: smith/Randall 1900-1985 Reading
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 21:33 BST (UK) »
There is a public tree on Ancestry (owner Jane Marie Smith) showing details of Mabel's parents plus spouse Edgar Randall b 1900 Reading

Mabel's death is shows as "about" 1988 but it does not show any children of the marriage or any other info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ann1939

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: smith/Randall 1900-1985 Reading
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 July 08 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hi many thanks for your reply but the tree you mention is my daughter Janes tree. we often trip over ourselves when on ancestry.she is doing a lot on her husbands side as I have a lot on my mothers side. I just keep having a go at finding imformation on my grandfather charles Henry Smith. have from when he came to Reading just that time before his marriage 1889 because he was married Henry charles but from that marriage date always refered to himself as charles Henry Smith. his wife was Ada Ellen Andrews she comes from a well established family in East Hagbourne berks.
I do have a tree on ancestry as well called Anns Tree
Ann Nee smith
Smith charles Henry or henry charles of East Hagbourne married 1889 age 23 to Ada Andrews