Author Topic: ROGERS  (Read 3074 times)

Offline kalemar

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ROGERS
« on: Tuesday 25 January 05 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Richard ROGERS b ca 1715 m Mary HARWOOD on 11 November 1738 at LYTHE.  Daughter ANNE bp 23 December 1742 at LYTHE m Robert HANSELL on 7 May 1761 at WHITBY.  Siblings of Anne = Richard, William & Mary.  Is anyone interested in these names?
ALLAN; AUDAS; BARUGH/BURROW; BRANTINGHAM; BROADRIGGE; BRUCE; CAMPION; CHANDLER; CHAPMAN; DOBSON; EDDON; FRANK; GAMBSBY/GAMSBY/GAMESBY; GARBUTT; HANSELL; HARLAND; HART; HARWOOD; HILL; HOLLIDAY; HOLLINGS; HOPPER; JOLLY; KIRSOP; KNAGGS; LAWSON; MARSHALL; MAYSON; MEAD; NESHAM; ORROW; PETTY; PHILLIPS; RICHARDSON; ROBSON; ROGERS; RYPLEY; SHAW; SIMPSON; SPOURS; STANFORTH; THI(U)RLBECK; THOMPSON; WALKER; WARD; WARDILL; WATSON; WELSH; WILLIAMSON; WILKINSON; YOUNGER

Offline lornajayne

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ROGERS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 April 05 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have an indirect interest in Robert Hansell who married Ann Rogers, through his second wife Alice Harrison.  (I have a lot of Harrisons from Lythe!)  Robert and Alice's daughter Ann married Joseph Kipling - who was the grandfather of the famous author and poet Rudyard Kipling!
I believe the Hansell lines goes back to Robert in 1670?
Jayne K

Teasdale, Proud, Whitfield, Callender, Cubitt, Braham, Kennedy, Christon, Harrison

Offline kalemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 April 05 20:25 BST (UK) »
Robert HANSELL and Ann ROGERS are my wife's 5 x G Grandparents and we go back to Robert HANSELL, born circa 1660 at (INGLEBY GREENHOW?).  We believe Robert (1660) married Jane ALLAN on 21 June 1682 at St. Oswald's, LYTHE.  We also have details of Robert's first wife Alice HARRISON.  Our direct line is with Ann Rogers.  We have her parents as Richard ROGERS and Mary HARWOOD, married 11 November 1738 at LYTHE.  That is the limit of our Rogers data at the moment.

Joseph Rudyard KIPLING is my wife's Half 3C3R (so not very close!!) and the Kipling family became part of the tree when John Kipling (Rudyard's great gandfather) married Ann Hansell on 24 November 1801, yet again at Lythe.
ALLAN; AUDAS; BARUGH/BURROW; BRANTINGHAM; BROADRIGGE; BRUCE; CAMPION; CHANDLER; CHAPMAN; DOBSON; EDDON; FRANK; GAMBSBY/GAMSBY/GAMESBY; GARBUTT; HANSELL; HARLAND; HART; HARWOOD; HILL; HOLLIDAY; HOLLINGS; HOPPER; JOLLY; KIRSOP; KNAGGS; LAWSON; MARSHALL; MAYSON; MEAD; NESHAM; ORROW; PETTY; PHILLIPS; RICHARDSON; ROBSON; ROGERS; RYPLEY; SHAW; SIMPSON; SPOURS; STANFORTH; THI(U)RLBECK; THOMPSON; WALKER; WARD; WARDILL; WATSON; WELSH; WILLIAMSON; WILKINSON; YOUNGER

Offline judyatk

• I am sorry but my email are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 June 05 12:01 BST (UK) »
I am try to find the family of Mary Kipling born in australia, she is the cousin of Rudyard Kipling but I can't find out who her parents were. Did Rudyard's father have any relations that came to Australia!!

Offline kalemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 June 05 15:10 BST (UK) »
Sorry, can't help on this one.  No sign of any movement towards Australia.  In fact, I only have one sibling of Rudyard's, a sister Alice.  Rudyard's father, Joseph Lockwood Kipling was one of six but only one was a brother, namely Joseph, who presumably must have died.  Rudyard's grandfather had two brothers so one of them may have toddled off to Oz but I have no evidence.

Offline origins

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 February 07 12:38 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Kalemar,

In regard to Rogers  from Lythe.  I have John Rodgers and wife Hannah living in Lythe 1841 census. They had children Margaret, William, Thomas, John and Mary born Lythe except for Margaret I think.  I don,t know if this is anything to do with your Rogers family, can't rely on spelling back then.  The problem I have is my John Rodgers and wife Hannah were both born at  Lofthouse and have not been able to access any records because  records for Lofthouse have not been put on Ancestry.com. and I am in Australia.  I know you posted your message a long tomeago, but thought you might see this reply anyway.

Val
Rodgers; Smith; Banks; Lawson; Mead; Horseley; Firth: Whitby, Lythe,Loftus, North Yorkshire.
Harker,Swales, Stephenson: Stokesley, Stockton,  South Bank, Middlesbrough Yorkshire.
Tapp, Nosworthy: Devon & Middlesex, London

Offline origins

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 February 07 12:44 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Kalemar,

In regard to Rogers  from Lythe.  I have John Rodgers and wife Hannah living in Lythe 1841 census. They had children Margaret, William, Thomas, John and Mary born Lythe except for Margaret I think.  I don,t know if this is anything to do with your Rogers family, can't rely on spelling back then.  The problem I have is my John Rodgers and wife Hannah were both born at  Lofthouse and have not been able to access any records because  records for Lofthouse have not been put on Ancestry.com. and I am in Australia.  I know you posted your message a long timeago, but thought you might see this reply anyway.

Val
Rodgers; Smith; Banks; Lawson; Mead; Horseley; Firth: Whitby, Lythe,Loftus, North Yorkshire.
Harker,Swales, Stephenson: Stokesley, Stockton,  South Bank, Middlesbrough Yorkshire.
Tapp, Nosworthy: Devon & Middlesex, London

Offline kalemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,

The first contact I had in my tree was with Ann Rogers, baptized 23 December 1742 at Lythe.  Her parents were Richard Rogers and Mary Harwood and she married Robert Hansell, thereby becoming 5 x G Grandmother to my wife.  Ann had two brothers and a sister so there may well be a link somewhere in the descent of either of the male lines but I have not researched these as yet.  I will keep a note of your interest and if anything comes up I will get in touch.

Best wishes, Bernard