Author Topic: Thomas James LANE  (Read 2676 times)

Offline CJG18

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas James LANE
« on: Monday 25 August 08 05:56 BST (UK) »
I am presently waiting on a D/C for Thomas James LANE from the NSW/BDM Registrar.  This application is about a month in the waiting and I am hoping you clever people 'out there' might be able to speed me through as I am heading out west NSW very soon and hoped to have confirmation on the burial of TJL and, thus, his burial location.
I have found that he was born in Ratcliffe, London abt 1819: parents are George and Rachael Lane; wife Maria Lane.........  the NSW Historical Search site of BDM has that he died in Moree, NSW in 1895.  Moree Cemetery say their records do not go back that far so can not help me.
Is there another means of finding if he is buried in Moree Cemetery other than having to wait on the Death Cert. which may not arrive before my departure date.  I could trail up and down the grave aisles and find that although he died in Moree, he may not be buried there.   Thanks for any help.

Offline jvl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas James LANE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 March 11 11:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm the g/g/g/grandson of Thomas James Lane. He was buried at the Moree Cemetery. Unfortunately the area he was buried in was subject to flooding, so the grave has not survived. I believe he was out there because his daughter Annie Isabella Thompson was living there.

He spent a good part of his later life in the New England area. Prior to that he was in Sydney. The family immigrated from Stepney in 1853. They were also in New York for a few years during the late 1840's. His wife Maria is buried at Waverley. Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline CJG18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 05:05 GMT (UK) »
To jvl........... how very intriguing to receive a message via Roots from you.  I am wondering if you are John, who I have been most beneficially in contact with recently via direct emails.  I am a g/g/grand-daughter of Thomas James Lane.  My g/grandm was Adelaide who was born in New York.   Over the past 2 years I have gathered quite a deal of information on this family.  Thank you for info on Moree grave, which I discovered as you described.  Disappointing.   I know Maria's grave at Waverley in which my grandmother, Emily, is also buried.  Cheers for now CJG

Offline GormanK

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 March 19 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My name is Karen and Thomas James Lane is my 3x Great Grandfather. Unfortunately I know very little about my family only what I've found on line and what I thought I had is different to what you have written here. I was wondering if you would help me with any details that you can give me.

I would appreciate any help given.

Regards
Karen