Author Topic: Re Ann Gooley Orphan  (Read 1933 times)

Offline trev1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re Ann Gooley Orphan
« on: Tuesday 26 August 08 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

An Ann Gooley per 'Maria' arrived in Sydney 1 August 1850 as one of the Irish Famine orphans sent to Australia from Irish workhouses under the Earl Grey scheme. There's mention of her in volume 2 of Trevor McClaughlin's BArefoot & Pregnant? Irish Famine orphans in Australia page 295 [ISBN 0949672513.She isdescribed as being 15yrs old, RC, coming from Tipperary. Both her parents Phillip and Honora were dead.

See www.irishfaminememorial.org

The annual celebration of the monument at Hyde PArk Barracks in Sydney willl be held this Sunday 31 August 2008 c 12.30pm. Descendants of these 'girls' are very welcome See Events 2008 on that website.

best wishes

PS Peter's query was here a minute ago, posted c. June 2008. It seems to have disappeared

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Re Ann Gooley Orphan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 February 22 02:39 GMT (UK) »
my post landed on wrong thread.  I have copied it to the correct thread, so I have deleted the contents from this post.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.