Author Topic: Searching for gravestone  (Read 2817 times)

Offline SarahinMaidstone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for gravestone
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 June 10 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Paulette,
Yes there are libraries with info on microfilm. I shall find out more about that and come back to you.

A little bit more info for you:
Your mom's bestfriend Rita Alice Galpin born 13th March 1921 married Joseph Large in Jul/Aug/Sep 1948.
They had 3 children Susan born 1950, Jane born 1952 and David born 1955. Sadly Rita passed away in Nov 1993 in Maidstone.

The info I gave you earlier took me about 20 mins to find out  so don't worry. I can't believe that you have waited nearly 2 years to find out info and nobody helped you.
I shall be in touch soon,  Kind Regards Sarah

Offline pawcarrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 July 10 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hello, Sarah.  Thank you for your reply.  I am very touched by your kindness.  In fact, it brought tears to my eyes.  You are truly a caring person.  Yes, I have waited, but did not know what else to do.  I have so little info to go on, and when the other lady said she "had contacts" and would help, well, wait I did.  I do hope she is OK, and that nothing has bad has happened to her.  I came across a note I wrote myself which said Margaret McKay had a sister who was called "Lizzie".  I don't know if she was natural child of Lillian and James McKay, or another adopted child.  And I don't know if "Lizzie" is a shortened form of Elizabeth, or if she was named after her mother, Lillian, and it is a "pet name" form.  Thank you so very much for everything you are trying to do to help me.  God will reward you for your  thoughtfullness.  Blessings!

Paulette

Offline SarahinMaidstone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 July 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Paulette,

Can you give me your email address ?

Sarah x

Offline pawcarrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 July 10 00:12 BST (UK) »
Hello, Sarah.  I am happy to hear from you again.  Yes, of course, I'm excited...my email address is    pawcarrie@yahoo.com   I am guessing you've found something, LOL.  Thank you so very much.
P.