Author Topic: McKenzie Ross&Cromarty  (Read 2021 times)

Offline tmjennie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McKenzie Ross&Cromarty
« on: Sunday 31 August 08 00:44 BST (UK) »
Hello,  I'm new to this board and hope to give you the proper information for my query.

A greatgrandmother named Catherine McKenzie born Knockbain, Ross&Cromarty approx 1858, parents Jane and John McKenzie.  She had a child Jennie b. 1876 February, this info provided by Jennie who had moved to USA.
In the 1881 Scotland Census I found a Jane McKenzie living in Ross & Cromarty with a granddaughter Jane McKenzie b. 1876 and a daughter Isabella McKenzie b. 1853. 
I am trying to find proof of Jennie(Jane in Scotland) being born.  I continue to believe Catherine McKenzie was her mother per Jennie but cannot find a birth record to prove it.  Might it be possible that Isabella MacKenzie was her mother and Catherine raised her as her own?   
Thank you for reading my query.  tmjennie
Mitchell, James & Catherine McKenzie Moray,Scotland, descendants
Mitchell, Donald & Evelyn Bannerman Moray, Scotland, descendants
Mitchell, James & Mary Ann McIver,Moray, Scotland, descendants
Mitchell, John  Edinburgh,Scotland, son/grandson of Donald & Evelyn Mitchell,descendants

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McKenzie Ross&Cromarty
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 August 08 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hi tmjennie

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

The only J M*cKenzie  born in Knockbain 1875-1877 is  a Jean McKenzie, the daughter of Catherine McKenzie. Born Feb 5 1876. The address was ?side of Kessock, Knockbain.

This is from the Scotlands People site - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and records all registered birth 1855-1906.

I think it would be worth finding out if Isabella is Catherine's sister.  Have you checked on earlier censuses for them?

Regards

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline tmjennie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McKenzie Ross&Cromarty
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 August 08 01:48 BST (UK) »
               Another question answered............... 
Thank you, thank you I do believe you have found about our Jennie what I needed to fill in the blanks of our tree.  Many thanks to you for your help.   :) ;D

tmjennie
Mitchell, James & Catherine McKenzie Moray,Scotland, descendants
Mitchell, Donald & Evelyn Bannerman Moray, Scotland, descendants
Mitchell, James & Mary Ann McIver,Moray, Scotland, descendants
Mitchell, John  Edinburgh,Scotland, son/grandson of Donald & Evelyn Mitchell,descendants