Author Topic: 1919 Death Thomas Knight  (Read 1543 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1919 Death Thomas Knight
« on: Monday 01 September 08 20:47 BST (UK) »
There is a death of a Thomas Knight aged 68 in the Milton Registration district (includes sittingbourne) for the March quarter of 1919.

Would it be possible for someone to look up to see if there is a burial for Thomas in Sittingbourne in 1919 and if so what information it gives (I am trying to work out if this is my Thomas Knight, as the age is a couple of years out).

thank you.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Wonderful Mother & Father
    • View Profile
Re: 1919 Death Thomas Knight
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 September 08 20:49 BST (UK) »
Deaths Mar 1919   

Knight  Thomas  68  Milton  2a 1757   Sittingbourne is under Milton

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Wendy47
VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
Abram C[H]ARLSON Sweden/Ldn
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
STILES, DORTON, GOFFE, BLY Ldn
OSMOND Hants
All UK census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 September 08 22:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you Wendy I found that reference on freebmd.

What i was hoping was that someone might have access to the parish registers and could look it up to see if it was in there.

(I have had a look but familysearch do not have a film for that parish at that date in stock and its not on the Kent FHS's CD's)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline BettyofKent

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 September 08 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi davidft

I've got Sittingbourne Burials 1561-1922

There are KNIGHTs there, but only one Thomas, who was buried 22nd Feb 1902 age 78.

Betty

I've also got Marriages & Baptisms for Sittingbourne, so if you need anything else, let me know
KENT:
Stutely - Wittersham & Stone
Padgham - Wittersham
Wanstall - Northbourne
Taylor - Ringwould & Ash
Skinner - Deal
Bushell - Walmer
Spain - Walmer
Also
Schloss - Poland, Nottingham, Massachusetts & New Zealand.
Cohen - Birmingham

"Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov."

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 September 08 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Betty,

Thanks for that.

The 1919 death on FreeBMD is a new addition (well new to me) and i was trying to cut corners to see if it was my Thomas rather than just buying the certificate on the off chance. I will keep it in mind for when i can look at some PR's. I have been chasing these Knights for some considerable time so a little longer won't hurt.

(PS I know about the 1902 burial that was of a Thomas Knight who was around at the same time as Thomas's father, another Thomas  ::) so with all these Thomas's you can see why it gets a little confusing  ;))

David

Offline BettyofKent

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hi David

I know that confused feeling well ;D Many of mine are called Thomas or William, they all seem to marry girls called Mary, Ann or Mary Ann, have children at the same time, call the boys Thomas & William....& so on.
Still, it makes things interesting ;D ;D

Betty

Hi Betty,

(PS I know about the 1902 burial that was of a Thomas Knight who was around at the same time as Thomas's father, another Thomas  ::) so with all these Thomas's you can see why it gets a little confusing  ;))

David
KENT:
Stutely - Wittersham & Stone
Padgham - Wittersham
Wanstall - Northbourne
Taylor - Ringwould & Ash
Skinner - Deal
Bushell - Walmer
Spain - Walmer
Also
Schloss - Poland, Nottingham, Massachusetts & New Zealand.
Cohen - Birmingham

"Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov."