Author Topic: Albert Surname London  (Read 3000 times)

Offline mimmyt

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Albert Surname London
« on: Monday 12 April 04 15:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for info on Henry Albert, born before 1819, Transported to Australia 1849. Married to Ann, 3 children Elizabeth, Robert & George.  Elizabeth and I believe George later moved to Australia.
Looking for info before he was transported. Became a successful and highly respected business man in Western Australia.
Albert
Caesar
Brazier
Orchard

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
Re:Albert Surname London
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 April 04 21:22 BST (UK) »

Hi Mimmyt,

Sorry you'll have to give us a bit more info on this one, ie do you have a year and place of birth either for Henry or any of the children ?  and where have you looked so far.. Had a quick look on LDS Family Search but not many Albert surnames on there and none that look like they might be yours.  Have you tried a surname search on Google
Sue
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline mimmyt

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 April 04 02:12 BST (UK) »
Henry Alberts birthdate would be close or in 1819.  I do not know where he was born.  His children: Elizabeth was born in 1842, his son Robert (or Henry Robert) born 1843, George birthdate unknown.  His wife Ann was reportedly a Lodging House Keeper at 93 Fenchurch St. London.  He was sentenced in the Central Law Courts in 1849, I cannot get access to the records from here as I believe they are at the Public Records.

I am after his birth so I can get parents names, so I can research further.  Have checked out the LDS on line.  
Albert
Caesar
Brazier
Orchard

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 April 04 16:14 BST (UK) »

There is only one Robert Albert so far on Free BMD Sept 1845 Stepney.

Have you tried this site www.genesconnected.co.uk - you have to pay to join £7.50 per year I think.

Has lots of members with message boards - all very helpful folk. People can put their family tree into the site. Had a look in their search section and there are 250 Albert surnames.  It might be worth a look, if you are a full member you can contact others - someone may just have a link.

Good luck - Sue
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins