Author Topic: mcgarrell/wilson/trainor/trestrail/solomon  (Read 14197 times)

Offline Sharoneh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcgarrell/wilson/trainor/trestrail/solomon
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 15:14 BST (UK) »

>>>>Wilhelmina M Trestrail 1912 Jun ¼ Gateshead 10a 2056<<<<<

2zpool: I have a question about this information? Where are you getting it from? Is it hand written information? Because Winifred was born in June and all documentation that we have has her name as Winifred or Winnie.

Thanks

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 19:44 BST (UK) »
I got the information from the GRO index.  You can look for free:  http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/     The reference numbers are what are needed to order a birth certificate.  You must spell the name how it is on the index or they will not consider it a match.   I did not see any Winifred Trestrail with a mother's maiden name of Monkhouse.  My guess is that Wilhelminia M. Trestrail's middle name is Monkhouse.  You can look at the original entry from that website.  There was a Winifred Trestrail registered in 1908 in Redruth (Cornwall.)

The June quarter does not mean she was born in June--only that the birth was registered in the June quarter.  Covering births from April-June or could be ones born in March or late Feb as the quarter goes by the registration date and not the actual event.  I think they were given about 6 weeks to register an event without paying a penalty fee.  This is just in formation on how it works.  If she had a birth in June then it also fits.  However if she had a birth in June that was not registered until July then the registration would say Sept quarter.

You may have assumed her name was Winifred because Winnie makes more sense as a shortened name--better than Willie.

Sorry I am a bit windy today.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 30 June 11 13:36 BST (UK) »
hi sharonae
do you no why they ended up in a dr barnardos home?

her aunty lottie was my grandmother, my dad was george mcgarrell
kathleen

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 June 11 13:51 BST (UK) »
hi leka
im looking for any info on my fathers side of the family, trestrail, solomon and goldsack.

kathleen

Offline trestrail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  I'm a Trestrail and there is a link between my great grandfather's children,  and one of them, Thomas Trestrail marrying a Goldsack    I'm just getting started with my lineage, don't know anything directly about my great grandparents, but do have this link in my family tree.

Linda Trestrail
New York
Trestrail  - My maiden name -  My Father's side from Hayle
Knight -
Tremlett
Hosking
Powning
Freethy
Matthews
Jenkin
Woolcock
Crocker
Robertson
Holman
Hichens
Badge
Goldsack
Curtis
Uren  - My Mother's side from Cambourne/Gwinear/Wendron/Helston
Gill
Penpraze
Trewin
Hendra
Secombe
Symonds
Edwards
Hocking

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 15 March 12 12:35 GMT (UK) »
hi linda
yes i am thomas trestail and matilda goldsacks great grand daughter.

my grandmother caroline charlotte (lottie) trestrail was a twin, his name was george wiliam. he married a lady susan monkhouse who died in childbirth, 2 of there children emigrated to canada.
my father was the son of caroline and john henry mcgarrell.

which one are you decended from?, let me know if i can help with any info
kathleen

Offline trestrail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 15 March 12 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,

So nice to meet you.  There's lots more Trestrail lines than I ever imaged. 

Going back to late 1700's,  John Trestrail (1784 - 1824) married Elizabeth Hosking (1792 - 1850) and they had 6 children: William (1818 - 1904); John (b. 1811); Richard (b. 1812); Elizabeth (b. 1815); James (b. 1820); & Thomas (b. 1823). 

William Trestrail married Eliza Powning and they had 5 children: Eliza Emily (Minnie) (b. 1866); Elizabeth Ann (b. 1849); Mary Jane (b. 1844); Charotte Powning (b. 1855); and Thomas G. Powning (b. 1861).

Eliza Emily (Minnie) Trestail was (I believe) my great grandmother - no record of a grandfather, yet. The census states she lived at home with her parents, William & Eliza Trestrail & so did a grandson, Percival Powning Trestrail - that is my grandfather.  I need to get a copy of my grandfather, Percival Powning Trestrail's birth certificate - (1885 - 1968). Percival spent  his  childhood ages of 5 - 15 with his grandparents and went into the British navy as a teenager - he told us at age 14 he was in the military.  

Thomas Trestrail (b. 1823) would have been my grandfather's great uncle or my great great uncle. 

I have been told that there are 3 lines of Trestrails that came from Redruth. 

Originally,  Trestrail  means homestead of mat or carpet maker. Place name Trestrail, Probus, spelt Trestrael 1278

Are we connected to John Trestrail and Elizabeth Hosking?

Linda
Knight -
Tremlett
Hosking
Powning
Freethy
Matthews
Jenkin
Woolcock
Crocker
Robertson
Holman
Hichens
Badge
Goldsack
Curtis
Uren  - My Mother's side from Cambourne/Gwinear/Wendron/Helston
Gill
Penpraze
Trewin
Hendra
Secombe
Symonds
Edwards
Hocking

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 16 March 12 04:08 GMT (UK) »
yes linda, we are related through john and elizabeth, they would be my gggggrand parents
so are you decended from george wiliam trestrail, my grand mothers twin? whos daughters emigrated to canada in 1924 names lottie and winny
if you prefere we can contact by email.
kathleen
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline trestrail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 16 March 12 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kathleen,

So nice to speak with you.  I'm writing down on my printed family tree copy of:

The 6 DESCENDANTS OF JOHN TRESTRAIL  1784 - 1824  and Elizabeth Hosking 1792 - 1850

Their 4th child, Willliam Trestrail, (son), born 1818 - 1904 and his wife, Eliza Powning, had 5 children. Their 4th son, Thomas G. Powning Trestrail born 1861 in Phillack, Hayle, married Matilda Goldsack in 1882.   They had 2 children, a son and daughter.

I have penciled in what you have posted.  I'm a bit confused as to whether or not William George (son) born in Gateshead, Durham, could be the twin of Caroline Charlotte (daughter) born in 1882 St. Agnes, Cornwall.  There are two birthplaces very far from one another.

Going back to my roots, William and Eliza Powning had 5 children:  Elizabeth Ann Trestrail born 1849, Mary Jane Trestrail born 1844, Charlotte Powning Trestrail born 1855, Thomas G. Powning born 1861, and Eliza Emily (Minnie) born 1866.  One of these children is my grandfather, Percival Powning Trestrail's  parent.  On the census, I only have William and Eliza as his grandparents.  I'm sure Eliza Emily (Minnie) born 1866, was his mother, but no record of his father.

Thomas Powning Trestrail and Matilda Goldsack would have been my grandfather, Percival Powning Trestrail's aunt and uncle. Both my grandfather and Thomas Powning were born in Phillack, Hayle. 

I need to put all this down on my Family Tree Maker and see how it considers us related.  I'm still trying to get Family Tree Maker to allow me to interface with Ancestry.com. 

Linda Joan Trestrail Wilson McParland 

Knight -
Tremlett
Hosking
Powning
Freethy
Matthews
Jenkin
Woolcock
Crocker
Robertson