Author Topic: Missing death in the 1950's last hope  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Missing death in the 1950's last hope
« on: Monday 08 September 08 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for the death of Herbert george Beaney sometime between 1939 and 1960.

I have trawled through every page of the death entries for this period but no luck whatsoever.

I know that Herbert had a child in 1939 and another one after this (I also cant find this birth), his daughter married in June 1960 and lists her father as deceased.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to do next?

Ever hopefully

Serena
Beaney & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Battams & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Stone of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire.<br />Smith of shetland.<br />Moffatt of London.<br />Tierney of London & Ireland.

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death in the 1950's last hope
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 September 08 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

I forgot to mentioned he was in Bermondsey in 1940 and his daughter married in 1960 in Fulham.

Many thanks

Serena
Beaney & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Battams & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Stone of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire.<br />Smith of shetland.<br />Moffatt of London.<br />Tierney of London & Ireland.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 September 08 20:03 BST (UK) »
Do you know (or can you find) when his wife died? Then - if he registered the death he was still alive then, and it will narrow down the possible year of death.

Did he have other children other than this daughter? If so was he described as deceased on their marriage certs?

Is the daughter still alive - can you ask her?

just a few thoughts
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 September 08 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

His wife died under the name of Fraser formerly Beaney but I cant find a marriage for Oliesi Beaney to a Mr Fraser anywhere.

The 2nd daughter I cant find anything for except she is witness at her sister marriage in 1960 and witness to her mothers death in 1983.

I did write to the witness daughter at the address listed on her mothers death certificate but had no response.

As far as I can tell there are only 2 children.

thanks for the suggestions

Serena

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 September 08 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Serena

Have you extended the search past 1960?

There may have been a falling out in the family and the daughter might have said he was deceased but he wasn't  :-\

If he wasn't dead, Mrs Beaney couldn't have legitimately re-married Mr Fraser.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 September 08 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi

I never thought of that, yes I have checked every quarter for deaths until 2005.

I have tried every year for the birth of Bernadette being born or married and every year for the wife remarrying. As you can tell I have been looking a while!

I am being to toy with the idea they went abroad for a while but given the fact that herbert was only an electrician I cant see he had the money.

Thanks for the ideas

Serena

Offline dillybert

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 September 08 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hello
I'll have a dig around too...
Do you know roughly when was he born? Do you have his marriage cert - does that give an age?

dilly 
SMITH - Brewood/Coven, Staffs; FORSTER, Staffs; BIGGS - Lidlington, Beds; WILLCOCKS, Devon/South London; ALLEN - IOW/SouthLondon

Offline dillybert

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 11 September 08 20:29 BST (UK) »
Oh, and does Bernadette Beaney marry? - you say you have Bernadette alive in 1983. Have you checked for a death under that name 1985-2005 - if she did die in that period, the index would give you a birth date to check...

She may still be alive of course.
dilly

SMITH - Brewood/Coven, Staffs; FORSTER, Staffs; BIGGS - Lidlington, Beds; WILLCOCKS, Devon/South London; ALLEN - IOW/SouthLondon

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 11 September 08 21:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dilly,

Herbert George Beaney was born 26th June 1912 in Bermondsey. He Married Oliesi Stankaitis 30th October 1938 in Bermondsey. The age on his Marriage Certificate matches his Birth. we have found one confirmed Daughter Roseanne Margaret Beaney born Jun 1939 in Bermondsey.

Roseanne Married Patrick Tordini 25 Jun 1960 in Fulham & on there Marriage Certificate there is a Bernadette Valerie Beaney as a Witness.

Oliesi died 15 Sep 1997 as Oliesi Fraser formally Beaney and the informant was Bernadette Valerie Irvine (Daughter)

I can not find Herbert's Death, Oliesi's Marriage to Mr Fraser or Bernadette's Birth or Marriage.

If you could help with any of the above information, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Serena.