Author Topic: kennedy family  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Jamesimac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
kennedy family
« on: Tuesday 09 September 08 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Looking fo info post 1902 regards Kennedy Family, living in Leitrim, conteriff South, in 1901. Father John (RIC sergeant) mother Anne (nee Gilgan) born Sligo. Children Annie (1890), Patrick (1892) Kathleen (1894) all born Rosscommon and John (1897), Margaret (1898), Bridget (1901) and Josephine (c1905), all born Leitrim.

Seem to have reached a wall but sure that there are decendants around the area...#

many thaks

Jamesimac
Kennedy McDonald McLeod Cashmore

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: kennedy family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 September 08 15:49 BST (UK) »
If James was in the R.I.C. it's possible that he and the family might have moved around a bit. Do you have the marriage certificate for James and Anne yet? That might give some indication of where at least Anne's family came from. The 1911 census will eventually be online at National Archives, Dublin site and that might be helpful as married woman were asked how long married? and how many children/how many living?.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peter Kennedy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 15:09 BST (UK) »
I come from a long line of Leitrim Kennedys. My grandfather Cornelius, b. 1874, was one of 11. All children were born between 1866 and 1887. Feel free to contact me directly through RootsChat. 

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 15:30 BST (UK) »

The posting of e-mail addresses is forbidden here on RootsChat, so you will have to remove your email address to avoid spamming etc.

You can use the PM (Personal Message) system to exchange your e-mail address with the OP, who has not been on-line here since October 2008.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 20:06 BST (UK) »
I come from a long line of Leitrim Kennedys. My grandfather Cornelius, b. 1874, was one of 11. All children were born between 1866 and 1887. Feel free to contact me directly through RootsChat. 

See also topic on King family-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=410128.msg7165656#msg7165656
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!