Author Topic: 1851 census - help understanding please  (Read 10158 times)

Offline Jackie45

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census - help understanding please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 September 08 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Babara and WOW!!!!!

I have been going round and round with these names and I know I have seen the name Novelia somewhere but I didn't log it down;  anyway......

from my notes it seems that Harriet Stanier married Edward Egerton in Dec 1873 from there they had Caroline who married James Washington and they were my Great Grandparents!!!!

But if you look at Novelia's marriage to Henry Stanier in 1867, then 2 sisters married 2 brothers!  (That has happened in my husband's family too).  I would assume that they all lived so close and grew up together, that it was the norm?

Anyway, just a big thanks again Barbara,  I went to the library earlier on and did an hour's work but I came home, it gets too confusing!!!!!!

I will digest what you have sent me here and then get back on the case.

But thanks again.
Jackie

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 September 08 16:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

Glad to help.  When you've sorted it all out, come back and ask for what's missing! 

Think there are a couple of children from 1861 not yet found in 1871 and don't know where James was in 1851, but will leave that til you've got it all together

Have fun,
Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Blondy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 October 08 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie
I'm searching the same family tree : Egerton's and Stanier's.  The spelling of Novello has many forms which has been spelt as Uovels and Lovely and also Novelia.  Novello Egerton (nee Stanier) born  1896 married James Egerton born 1900 are my grandparents.  I am as confused as  you and realise that the Staniers and Egertons have crossed over so that the families are inter-linked.  I have quite alot of information but have not put it together yet.  Some of the family did indeed migrate to Golborne, Lancashire from Mow Cop. Golborne is my birthplace and I live in the next village and know the area very well.  If you need to go forward with the tree I am more than happy to share information.  Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Blondy

Offline Jackie45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 October 08 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Blondy,

How lovely to hear from you!  AND that you have Novello and James as your grandparents!

This is quite exciting!!!

I was also born in Golborne!  Now live in the Midlands.  But have tons of relatives in Golborne still. 

I have a bit of info and am more than willing to share too.  I have been meaning to send off for certificates, etc, for ages.........I MUST get round to doing that!!!!!  I promise I will on Monday.

Now then,  my relatives are Edwin or Edward Egerton born 1841 or 1843 and married Harriet Stanier born 1849 they were married in Dec 1873.

They had Caroline Egerton who was born in 1877 and she is my great grandma.

I cannot tell you how lovely it is that you have found me on here! 

I have tried to work out what relation you would be to me, but it is far too confusing for my brain.......

I await to hear from you and can send you my e-mail address on here, if that is allowed??????  Perhaps one of the moderators will let me know?  Thanks.

Jackie

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 24 October 08 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie

To send Blondy your email address:

At Rootschat we do this  by PM "personal messages" or "private messages"

(reason: for personal security, to avoid spammers harvesting email address' etc)

On the left of Blondy;s reply to you,  under her? his?  name, avatar eyc, you will see two little "cylinder" or "barrel" shapes. Click on them, and you will presented with a prepared PM form ready to type in and send to Blondy.

And.....to To access (check, send, recieve) all PM's at any time, see the very top right of your Rootschat page where it says:

Welcome back, Jackie45, you have 1 messages, 1 is new.

Click on the "1 messages" bit, to be taken to the full PM section of your Rootschat. Your PM's sent and received, which are saved there as long as you like.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline Blondy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 October 08 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jackie

My father is coming today - I will show him all this information.  He is now 82 and he has been my source of all my info.  His knowledge of the family is very good and he has told me many stories about them.  He will probably be able to work out what we relation we are? Its all very exciting and can't wait to exchange more info with yourself.

Speak to you soon

Blondy

Offline Jackie45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 October 08 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ambly

Thanks for that!  Us newcomers eh????

I'm afraid I am getting rather excited that I have a relation on here!!

I will PM Blondy.

Thanks again.

Jackie

Offline Jackie45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 October 08 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blondy,

Sorry not been on here for a few days;  the children take up all my time!!!

Will PM you, can't wait for further info from your Dad too!!!!

Take care

Jackie

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 03 November 08 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jackie, and Blondy (welcome to Rootschat!)   :D

How good to see you've found each other and can share your family details.

If you get stuck with anything and need more help with your research, please do come back and post your queries

Kind regards,
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK