Author Topic: EVANS and MICHAEL families in Llanelly  (Read 2286 times)

Offline eloise_matt

• RootsChat Extra
  • My ggg grandfather Antoine Matt
    • View Profile
EVANS and MICHAEL families in Llanelly
« on: Saturday 20 September 08 02:25 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm looking for connections and information regarding my grandfather's family.

His name was IVOR MICHAEL EVANS, born in Llanelly, 1924 and died in New South Wales, Australia in 1987. Due to his rather unfortunate life I never met him, but I would like to know more about his family.

His parents were WILLIAM IVOR EVANS and MARY LOUISA MICHAEL (b.1900). They married in 1919 and had three children that I know of all born in Llanelly:

WILLIAM E EVANS b. 1921
IVOR MICHAEL EVANS b. 1924 (my grandfather)
ROSEMARIE E EVANS b. 1928

I know that the father lived at 5 Loft Place in Llanelly and was a carpenter.

I would dearly love to hear from anyone who may know these people or have any information on this family and their ancestors. I know a bit of MARY L MICHAEL'S ancestry but nothing of WILLIAM I EVANS, and know nothing about them as people.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may know something :)

Eloise
MATT - Alsace, New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
FAMA/FARMER - Paris, London, Victoria and New South Wales.
ROSER - Germany and Toowoomba.
BARNES - New South Wales
MARSH - Cambridgeshire and New South Wales
EVANS - Llanelli

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: EVANS and MICHAEL families in Llanelly
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 October 08 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Eloise

There are at least two candidates for William Ivor on the 1901 census - I think you might have to get the 1919 marriage certificate to find out which one is yours - the father's name and occupation should be on it.

If you already have this information perhaps you could post it here and we will try to help.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline eloise_matt

• RootsChat Extra
  • My ggg grandfather Antoine Matt
    • View Profile
Re: EVANS and MICHAEL families in Llanelly
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 June 09 18:11 BST (UK) »

Hi there,

I've since purchased William Ivor EVANS and Mary Louisa MICHAEL's marriage cert. AND I've found one more child of theirs:

David P EVANS born 1922 in Llanelli. Middle name was most likely "Picton" as this seems to have been passed down through the EVANS Family.

I've since learnt that William Ivor EVANS (b.1886) was the son of: William EVANS and Mary Jane UNKNOWN. They had 6 six children all born in Llanelli:
William Ivor EVANS (my great grandfather)
Sydney Picton EVANS b.1887 (died in WWI)
George Frederick EVANS b. 1888
Lilian Agnes EVANS b. 1889
Albert John EVANS b. 1892
Harry H EVANS b. 1895

Hoping someone has some connection with these people. With the exception of official records I know nothing about my grandfather's family. My grandmother's second spouse destroyed all photos, letters etc relating to my grandfather. So to hear from someone who may know something would be a blessing.

Also I know it's a long strech, but it's possible that some of my grandfather's siblings could still be alive. Does anyone have any idea as to how you trace living people in the UK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eloise
MATT - Alsace, New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
FAMA/FARMER - Paris, London, Victoria and New South Wales.
ROSER - Germany and Toowoomba.
BARNES - New South Wales
MARSH - Cambridgeshire and New South Wales
EVANS - Llanelli