Author Topic: completed more oppinions needed please on death of benjamin dale hartlepool  (Read 5460 times)

Offline huglomazza

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: completed more oppinions needed please on death of benjamin dale hartlepool
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 12 April 09 20:15 BST (UK) »
came across your posts re the Dale-Baylas family whilst trying to track down the family of my daughters.
Their great grandmother was a Gladys Lillian Dale -Baylas - born in 1893. Her father is given as William Dale-Baylas - on another family tree website and it would fit that he was 15 in the 1881 census, and thus born in 1866. In 1913 he is recorded as being a  chemist.
Interesting to read about the family name changed from Dale to Baylas, and then some of them calling themselves Dale-Baylas.

Offline lynne j

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 April 09 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi ,I have been following the dales and baylass with interest ,very strange ,1881 census they are all called baylass  so I followed william baylass ( dale )born 1866 born hartlepool and one of his brothers walter baylass (dale) born hartlepool 1873 ,and in the 1891 census living in stoke on trent
william d baylass age 24 but it says born sunderland whole sale druggist
mary      baylass age 21
walter baylass brother  age 18 born sunderland chemist assistant
1901 census living in portsmouth
william d baylass age 33 born hartlepool occ a chemist
mary d baylass age 30
gladys l d baylass age 8
evelyn m d baylass age 5
muriel j d  baylass age 9 months
with all the children having d dale in there names william has kept the name dale going in the family ,so really looks like the family should be following the dale side
william dale born hartlepool 1866 father benjamin dale mam jane mcleod
lynnej
taylors orsett essex and durham
rundles pelynt cornwall and durham
bates bishop auckland and elvet durham
bolam chester le street
dennings durham and yorkshire
dale helmsley yorkshire and durham
todd byers green durham
toppings  wigton
curry esh and durham
waugh lanchester
mcleod durham and scotland

Offline chony

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 July 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi lynne j,
Found your message from 2009 about the Dale-Baylass family.  I am researching my neighbours family tree.  Her grandmother was Muriel Irene Dale-Baylass and her great aunt would have been Gladys Lillian Dale-Baylass.  Trina would really love some more information/photo's of that side of her family as her mother was put on a train aged 7 and never saw her mother again!
Really hope you can help.
Chony

Offline chony

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 July 11 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Researching the family tree of Dale/Dale-Baylass family and in particular William Dale Baylass b. 1866 d.1930. He is the ggrandfather of my friend who I am doing the research for.  William had three daughters, Muriel, Gladys and Evelyn and I am trying to find out more information on Muriel.  I know she married a Henry Bairstow Bairstow in 1923 and had two children, Jacqueline and Anthony.  The marriage broke down.  Jacqueline was put on a train aged 7 and never saw her mother again and Anthony was adopted.
Any photos/information would be a great help.