Author Topic: Tranent Cemetery  (Read 66309 times)

Offline kerkyras

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tranent Cemetery
« Reply #72 on: Monday 27 September 10 20:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, any info is greatly appreciated, look forward to hearing from you
Lizzy
Stewart,Cullen,McIver, Garrity, McCabe: Scotland

Offline betsyblue

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Try     localhistory[at][/blue]eastlothian.gov.uk (Replace [at] with @)

Good Luck

Betsy

Offline dibleys34

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 08 October 11 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have the East Lothian Monumental Inscriptions, Westermost parishes (Tranent, Seton, Prestonpans, Prestonpans West & Ormiston Old Churchyard) The Inscriptions for Tranent Parish Churchyard were listed in June 2005.
There are no Dodds or Skeldons listed but quiet a few Johnstones. If you could give me a few more details I'll look.
East Lothian Monumental Inscriptions, Hillfoot Vilages (Garvald, Innerwick, Moreham, Oldhamstocks, Spott, Stenton, Whittinghame & yester) does have some Skeldons & Dod(d)s. Again if you have more specific names I will Look.

Fiona

Offline jds1pit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 01 January 12 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   I believe I have some family buried in the old Cemetery, Tranent Parish. The surname is Bryson. Peter would have died 1815 or earlier. Do not know who his wife was but his daughter. Catherine, married William Hogg in 1815. Any information will be appreciated
Regards,
Julia

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 02 January 12 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Had a look at my book and I could not find anything on the names and dates you asked for,
Sorry

Fiona

Offline Poppy10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello Caraid
I have just joined Rootschat so am new to the experience!  I am struggling with my Smiths of Tranent.
I have just scrawled down on the thread of Tranent Cemetery and can see how helpful you have been to a lot of people, so I wondered if you can give me any help.
My 3xgreat grandmother Isabella died between 1861/71 and her husband William who was a shoemaker of High St, Tranent died between 1881/91.
Isabella's family name was Gavine according to her parish marriage entry.  Are there any Gavines in the churchyard or cemetery I wonder.
I am keen to follow up on the Gavine name as it has been handed down in the family as a middle name. I don't know if they were Tranent people, but Isabella's father was a miller at Brunslain or Brunstain Mill.
Any little info you can give me would be wonderful.
Poppy10

Offline rindercella

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Was wondering if you are still doing Tranent Parish MI look ups if you would be kind enough to do a quick one for me.  My gg grandmother, Sarah Black ms Telfer or Telford died in Church Street in 1928  as did her daughter Jessie Black in 1902/03.   Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Lois_Moon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fiona
I would appreciate it if you would look for my ancestor Stephen BROTHERSTONE in the Tranent Cemetery MIs.  He died on 29 Aug 1797 in the massacre.  His wife's name was Margaret THOMSON.  Perhaps she is also buried there after this date.  Two of their children were Betty (b1778) and John (b 1780) who I don't have any other info on.

Lois
BC, Canada
BROTHERSTON - E Lothian; CURRIE - Islay
MOON - Cornwall

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks
Sorry for late replies

Poppy10 - sorry no mention of these name,. and no
Gavines

Rindercella - No matching names, don't know when the last burials were at old Churchyard, but the large district churchyard was opened in 1920.

Lous_Moon - No mention of a gravestone, just a listing in the Notes at end of book.

Fiona