Author Topic: Henry McAllister of Douglas, Lanarkshire  (Read 7696 times)

Offline bagpipelover46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Henry McAllister of Douglas, Lanarkshire
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 01 November 08 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen, thanks so much for the information on the Richardson line.  Now I know where the Kyle comes in as a family name. I was told that it was a family name, my Mother's middle name is Kyle.

When I was very small I went with my grandparents, Henry & Della McAllister, to Canada to visit my great-great Aunt Jean. She was the sister of great Grandma McAllister (Margaret Richardson).  I will have to ask my Mother if she knows if this was the Georgina on your list of names.  By any chance to you know what happened to the rest of the siblings? Which one is your family line?

Thanks again. Getting all this information from the wonderful people on here is super!

Tori
Problem with email

McAllister, Richardson

Offline bagpipelover46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 02 November 08 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Talked to my Mother tonight, and she said that Aunt Jean was indeed Georgina.  She said that Aunt Jean married later in life, her husband's name was Bill Bartie and that they lived in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Problem with email

McAllister, Richardson

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 November 08 04:59 GMT (UK) »

Hey Tori

I am no relation whatsoever to this line, just helping out......  ;D ;D

Great to hear the the mystery the Kyle name and the identity of Georgina have both been solved.

If you want to give me a list of names that you would like followed up, I would be happy to try and track them down.  My husband is in the UK on business, so I need something to occupy myself after the kids are gone to bed tonight.... and this is just the thing

Heading out now for an hour or two... my youngest has her end of year Piano Soiree.... her teacher does this little concert thingy at her house and has all her students play a piece so that the parents can applaude and congratulate... etc etc....

See you later

Karenlee

Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk