Author Topic: PR Lookup  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Mad7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PR Lookup
« on: Sunday 12 October 08 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am new to this and hope I am getting it right! I am looking for help with parish registers of Hucking in Kent, in particular the SAGE family. John Sage was born there about 1789 and he married Hannah ? who was also born there in about 1791. I am looking for a record of their marriage and births so that I can find out who their parents were and any other family members that may be lurking there. I am trying to find out where the family originally came or have they always lived in Hucking.

They later lived in Hollingbourne and I have all the census records showing the family, but need to go back.  I have checked Hollinbourne registers but no Sage listed before 1811.

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
Re: PR Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 October 08 05:46 BST (UK) »
Hi 7,
           What about:-

1809 04 November SAGE John Sarah Egglesden Lenham Hollingbourne

Source Mid Kent Marriage Index :-http://www.woodchurchancestry.org.uk/midkentmarriages/results.php
                                          Regards Rog.
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline Mad7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 October 08 09:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that I will add it to my list, I don't know who they are yet but hopefully will find out.  The John Sage I am looking for was definitley married to a Hannah, as seen in 1841 and 1851 etc.. and listed as born in Hucking Kent, as was Hannah.

There are so many John Sages! Can anyone tell me where Hucking is? I can't find it on a present day map. I have searched Hollingbourne PRs.
thanks!

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 October 08 10:31 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

Hucking is right next to Hollingourne - to the north between Hollingbourne and Stockbury.  Marriages for Hucking are included on the mid Kent marriage index http://woodchurchancestry.org.uk/midkentmarriages/notes/hollingbourne.html but with a gap 1811 to 1818 and a possibility for errors prior to 1811.  I wonder why the gap - perhaps Bishop's/Archdeacon's transcripts or banns could be used to fill in the missing years or could it be that there were no marriages there in those years :-\

Do you know when/where their oldest known child was born/baptised?
edit - I see from your other post it was Hucking

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yogibare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 January 09 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Researching the GRANT family, I have from the Woodchurch Register:- John Grant married SARAH SEDGE, 7 Feb 1796 at Hucking. I suspect that your SAGE and my SEDGE may well be the same family.
She can be found in 1841 at HO107/459/8 and 1851 at HO107/1618/102/8.  Possible parentage of Sarah: Robert Sedge/Catherine Pilcher married 18 Dec 1768, Hucking.

ps I visited  the Hucking Estate yesterday; very muddy underfoot!

Offline aehm

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 20:29 BST (UK) »
My maternal line includes SEDGE/SAGE.  John b 1789 m Hannah SEDGE.  My understanding is that they were cousins.  John's parents were William SEDGE 1753 & Susannah CARPENTER.  Hannah's were John SEDGE 1756 & Ruth SMITH.  John & Hannah had @ least 9 children whose christenings can be found @KFHS.  John died 1864 in Hollingbourne & Hannah died Nov 1828 in Hollingbourne.
John was my 3xggrandfather.
Hope this helps.
aehm