Author Topic: BRAZIL - Sao Paolo - death records?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Daniels-mum

• RootsChat Member
  • David Clark 1843-1903 & Emma Clark(Jones)1841-1941
    • View Profile
BRAZIL - Sao Paolo - death records?
« on: Wednesday 15 October 08 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

I just wondered if anyone knows anything about how to access records in Brazil?

My great-uncle - FRANK MORLEY JOHNSON - emigrated there after the war and lived in Sao Paolo. My dad contacted him in the 1980's to let him know that his brother (my grandad) had died, but after that we lost contact with him and had no reply to a couple of letters my dad sent. He was born in 1917, so we assume he's now passed away, but it would be nice to know when as I feel it's a shame we as his family don't know.

I actually met him as a child in the 1970's when he came over on a visit, and I remember him as a really nice man.  He was married, but had no children. I have tried various avenues to find out what happened to him, like contacting the British Consulate in Brazil. Someone also suggested contacting a British Club in Sao Paulo to see if he was a member there. I did this, but no luck.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

Helen

AMBLER (Lincs) CLARK (West Felton, Shrops) EDWARDS (Yate, Dodington, Glos, Chester, Llan-y-Pwll, Kinnerley, Llandrinio) ELLA (Malton/Welton, Yorks) JOHNSON (Roos/Welton,Yorks) HOPKINS (London) JONES (Great Ness/Whittington/Wellington) MORLEY (Welton/Sutton, Yorks) PAYNE (Abbot's Langley, Herts) STARK (Poltimore, Devon) STE(A)DMAN (Acton Burnell, Shrops) SURRIDGE (Broadclyst, Devon) VICK (Tetbury, Glos) WILLIAMS (Ellesmere, Shrops)