Author Topic: Barkingside  (Read 20551 times)

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Barkingside
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 August 09 02:36 BST (UK) »
........   Perhaps there is something you could help me with my Great Grandmother who was married to Henry Maywood, was originally an Annie Pipe(or Piper) she was a midwife in the Newbury Park area and died in 1919.  I have no real information on her.

Hi Pem,  interested in your Annie Pipe.  Do you have any further details for her - I know who her grandparents were, but not her parents (I believe that her mother may have been unmarried)

Michael Pipe
PIPE, CABLE, STANLEY, WATSON, East Anglia
BARTON, JUPP, WOOD, MUNN, PETERS, MARTIN, Kent & Sussex
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Derbyshire

Offline mawhoodmz

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 August 09 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hallo Pem and Veronica

Very good photographs - when do they date from?

The father of Charles b 1850 was one Samuel Mawhood who married Susan Weatherhead at Barking - at least, that's what I understood we were all agreed on. What I was suggesting was that this same Samuel is an individual in my tree (code W105 in  the attached diagram, towards the bottom right). The evidence for this suggestion is circumstantial but not insubstantial - further research might confirm it (or not).

If so, this line can be traced further back.

Offline pem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 August 09 14:42 BST (UK) »
Mawhoodmz, thanks for this information...fascinating! Am I guessing right that Samuel was the father to Charles who was born in 1750? Charles was the father of William b 1777. Let me know if I have the connection wrong.

Pem thought you might like to see these? The first is Henry Maywood, blinded by his mistress apparently! Henry was the older brother to my GG Grandfather Stephen. The other picture is of Henry's daughters, Annie, Esther & Emily. Annie by the way is a dead ringer for my mother's younger sister and my youngest niece!

Hi Veronica I don't know how to thank you  I have been wanting to see a photo of my G.Grandfather Henry since I was a  small child, so it was really wonderful to see one at last.  I also have the same photo of Annie Esther and Emily.  Henry lived with Annie and husband until his death in 1929 at the age of 71.   His address was 6 Plymouth Terrace Ley Street Ilford.   Cottages which have since been pulled down.    I have had contact with Annie's grandson who I am hoping to meet up with later this year.   Your GG Grandfather Stephen Jnr was my grandmother Emily's cousin.   Is that right?  Mawhoodmz information indicates that we had sailors in the family too, although this surprised me somewhat as most of the Barkingside Maywood's worked on the land.   Just shows you never really know what surprises are in a family tree.   Thanks again.   

Offline pem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 August 09 15:05 BST (UK) »
........   Perhaps there is something you could help me with my Great Grandmother who was married to Henry Maywood, was originally an Annie Pipe(or Piper) she was a midwife in the Newbury Park area and died in 1919.  I have no real information on her.

Hi Pem,  interested in your Annie Pipe.  Do you have any further details for her - I know who her grandparents were, but not her parents (I believe that her mother may have been unmarried)

Michael Pipe
Hi Michael  Annie Pipe brn October 1860 (that's the date I have, although some documentation I was sent indicated 1858) was married to my G.Grandfather Henry Maywood on 20.11.1881 in Parish Church Great Ilford Essex.  Daughter of Henry Pipe she was born in Ilford and died in 1919 in Newbury Park, Ilford Essex. They had seven children, my grandmother Emily being one of them.  Annie was well known in the area as a midwife, although I can find little information on this, but know this to be true as she delivered my cousin's father.  She was documented as being a dressmaker in 1901 aged 41.   As far as I know she spent her life in Newbury Park, Ilford Essex.   I should really like to know more about Annie as my grandmother always spoke of her as a wonderful woman.   I do have a photograph of her but do not have a scanner to get image onto pc.   Something I must find out how to do!!  Hope this is of help.

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 August 09 15:38 BST (UK) »

Michael Pipe
Hi Michael  Annie Pipe brn October 1860 (that's the date I have, although some documentation I was sent indicated 1858) was married to my G.Grandfather Henry Maywood on 20.11.1881 in Parish Church Great Ilford Essex.  Daughter of Henry Pipe she was born in Ilford and died in 1919 in Newbury Park, Ilford Essex. They had seven children, my grandmother Emily being one of them.  Annie was well known in the area as a midwife, although I can find little information on this, but know this to be true as she delivered my cousin's father.  She was documented as being a dressmaker in 1901 aged 41.   As far as I know she spent her life in Newbury Park, Ilford Essex.   I should really like to know more about Annie as my grandmother always spoke of her as a wonderful woman.   I do have a photograph of her but do not have a scanner to get image onto pc.   Something I must find out how to do!!  Hope this is of help.

Hello again,
You say her father was named as Henry.  Was this from her marriage certificate.  I can't find any Henry Pipe in her family line. unless I have made a mistake.
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Derbyshire

Offline pem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 21 August 09 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Michael, sorry I don't know as this information was sent to me via a distant relative so not sure where they got the name of Henry from.  Her husband was Henry
Maywood.  I was told that her first child Alice was a half sister to the rest of the Maywood children.  Apparently Annie  was in service, and become pregnant supposedly 'a lord of the manor's child,' but whether this is true, who knows.  I know that she died in 1919 because my mother was born in November 1919 and my grandmother was very upset that Annie had died just a few months earlier.  Hope we can find out more about her.  I will keep searching this end.

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 22 August 09 01:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Pem,   I will get her marriage cert - let you know what I find.

Michael
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Derbyshire

Offline pem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 24 August 09 13:52 BST (UK) »

Michael

Thanks that would be great.

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 September 09 08:00 BST (UK) »

Michael

Thanks that would be great.

Pem - received marriage cert and confirms that Annie Pipe says her father was Henry Pipe. However I reckon she was not giving the facts.  She is definitely the grand daughter of George Pipe & Ruth (nee Ancona), and as far as I can see they didn't have a son Henry.  I will have a look at the birth cert and get back to you.

Michael
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Derbyshire