Author Topic: O'Driscoll, Jeremiah, Clonakilty mid 1800s  (Read 1902 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
O'Driscoll, Jeremiah, Clonakilty mid 1800s
« on: Sunday 19 October 08 16:32 BST (UK) »
Looking for information about Jeremiah O'Driscoll born Clonakilty ca 1876. He was in London aged 24 boarding in St Pancras and working as a GPO sorter on the 1901 census. His father was Cornelius and he married Julia Allen born Westmeath 1876 in Dublin in 1906. I believe Jeremiah & Julia had a son Cornelius & a daughter, before Julia emigrated [with or without Jeremiah I do not  know] to Canada presumably ca 1910 - 1915.

Any help gratefully received. Many thanks.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: O'Driscoll, Jeremiah, Clonakilty mid 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 October 08 17:04 BST (UK) »
Civil registration began in Ireland in 1864, so details for these should be available at the GRO - you can see the website at http://www.groireland.ie/ for details on how to order a cert or visit the office in Dublin to search the Indexes.

parish and some census transcripts for Co. Westmeath are available at the pay web-site http://www.irish-roots.ie/ - searching an index is free.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 October 08 17:51 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, Shane.

Josey
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 October 08 18:33 BST (UK) »
1911 Census for Co. Dublin is available online at:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search

If you don't find the family there go to 1911 Canadian census nd see if you can find any of them in Canada.
www.automatedgenealogy.com

If they are in Canada in 1911 you will be able to get the year they said they came to Canada and other details.

To see when they left U.K. search (free) on www.findmypast.com. If you find Julia and son Cornelius it will give you year and port of departure and port of arrival in Canada.

After checking the above sources let us know what you did and din't find and someone will be able where to look next.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 October 08 21:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks aghadowey.

I will get back when I have done some searching on the sites you mentioned.

Josey