Author Topic: Any SP Marriage upload info?  (Read 932 times)

Offline Phisherman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any SP Marriage upload info?
« on: Monday 20 October 08 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Does anyone have anymore info regarding Scotlands People belated plans to upload the 1933 to 2006 modern day marriage index?

I know in January 2008 when they uploaded the other 2 indexies, they said the marriage index would follow shortly, but this has to be the longest shortly I have heard of lol.

If anyone can help, then many thanks.

Offline chrispaton

• RootsChat Member
  • Innocence before the war
    • View Profile
Re: Any SP Marriage upload info?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 18:06 BST (UK) »
My understanding is that it is not a current priority, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

The current projects at SP are the pre-1855 deaths indexing and the indexing of the Roman Catholic records held by the Scottish Catholic Archives.

Chris
Genealogy - www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk www.BritishGENES.blogspot.co.uk (British Genealogy News and EventS) * Ruhleben internment camp - http://ruhleben.tripod.com

Offline Phisherman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any SP Marriage upload info?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 October 08 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply, & apologies for not replying sooner.

I have received an email from SP saying about the initial technical problems, but having fixed that, they have also also explained that it is unlikely that this upload will take place during 2008, because of the increased extract order workload, from when the other 2 modern day indexies were placed online.

It is sooo annoying, now it looks like I am going to have to fork out for a costly trip to Edinburgh GRO, & that will also mean booking a hotel/guest house over night. Why can`t things be simple.

Many thanks,