Author Topic: Kenneth Macrae born c1800 Glenshiel  (Read 2429 times)

Offline McVitie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kenneth Macrae born c1800 Glenshiel
« on: Tuesday 28 October 08 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon to you,

I wonder if I may ask for some guidance please... 

I've recently obtained the death cert from SP for my 3x gt grandfather, Kenneth Macrae, who died in Benbecula 1880, a widower, aged 80, (b. 1800). His parents are shown as Angus Macrae and Mary MacLennan, both deceased, and his wife was Mary Morrison.

I've not managed to locate anything on his parents, although I'm pretty sure they are both natives of Rosshire, as Macraes and MacLennans often appear  as names in the locality, but I'm trying really to track down his wife Mary Morrison's roots.

All I know of her is that she must have died before the 1851 census for Harris, (where they had moved to) as Kenneth was a widower. After many attempts to track down her death or marriage certs on SP, I've hit the proverbial brick wall. Their first daughter, also Mary, was born in Kintail, 1831, so I imagine Mary Morrison was native to the county too. If anyone can help me in tracing her, I'd be very much grateful :).
Cheers
Mcvitie.
Kennedys (Skye), MacIntyres (Skye), Macleans (South/North Uist), Macdonalds (Skye/South/North Uist), MacKinnons (Skye), MacInnes (Small Isles), Macraes (Kintail/Harris), Morrisons (Kintail), Buchanans (Skye), Maclures (Skye)