Author Topic: RATTUE look up pls Laverstock pre1851  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: RATTUE look up pls Laverstock pre1851
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi both  :)

I can't see any of them in 1901

Emily is still with her parents in 1901: RG13/1954 134 22

:)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline zoeingill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 13:22 GMT (UK) »
This is now getting very interesting!  - The 1911 census indicates they were married 12 years, oldest living child was 10, so they could have married about 1901 after that census.  However, a baby girl named Daisy was born in approx 1900 (also indicated on 1911 census).  I have a death cert dated 1901 for a Daisy Ragles Rattue, 12 months old when died  :-[    in Friary Lane, Wiltshire.  The mother on the death cert is a Kate Rattue??  The 1901 census indicates Emily Rattue was living at home with parents George and Jane, there address was 3 Alexandra Villas, Friary Lane. 

I have 2 marriage certs for an Alfred Edward Ragless, the first 1896 marrying a Mary Julia Ann Clements both aged 21 and living in Horsham.  The second cert is again Alfred Edward (age 33) marrying a Sarah Mary Ann Brown (age 19) in Brighton.  These two I believe are linked however, the 1911 census indicates that my Alfred Ragless was also from Horsham???? 

Im soooo confused! I dont know enough about geneaology to figure this all out and desperately want to.  My dad who died when I was 18 lost his mother, my grandmother Vida (Emily and Alfreds daughter) when he was very young and my dad knew nothing of her family at all, this is what is pushing me on to find out about them.

Any suggestions??? or am I just figuring this all out wrongly????

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Zoe,

I found the Brighton man also yesterday. It is not the same person. That Horsham marriage does seem like it may be the correct person. Alfred and Emily moved about a lot given the children's births. I wonder if it may pay to get that birth cert for Reginald Frank RATTUE in 1902 Salisbury. WE know Alfred and Emily were not married in 1901 so they are not being truthful about the time they have been married. Perhaps they did not actually wed.  :-\

Do you have the birth cert for Daisy Ragless Rattue? Wondering what that says re mother.  There was also a Daisy Emily Rattue in 1896

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline zoeingill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 20:58 GMT (UK) »
I will def have to get that birth cert!  Im also coming to the conclusion that they were not married, but have to try and look into it some more.  However, going back a while im sure I found an Alfred Ragless on the 1901 census as living in Bristol and a Telegraphist Engineer (or something similar) it also said 'Chili British Subject'.  The later Alfred also worked for the GPO.  However, I was also thinking that perhaps Alfred is the Horsham one and poss was still married hence not marrying Emily??  Its all very annoying but a great puzzle  ;D   I shall keep you updated!  You have been invaluable!

Offline zoeingill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Found it!  1901 census RG13 piece 2363 folio 15 page 22 Alfred Ragless, RE Telegraphist age 26, Chilli British Subject, 54 Mead Street, Bristol. 

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 21:26 GMT (UK) »
I found that one but didn't think it was him Zoe  :-\

What was the occ in 1911?

Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline zoeingill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 21:57 GMT (UK) »
1911 census - Telegraph and Telephone Linesman GPO.  Has to be him??? still cant tie him to Emily tho!! and on the 1911 census he says he was born in Horsham???? strange!