Author Topic: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Help offered  (Read 73714 times)

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
12th July and Orange Lodges - Help offered
« on: Wednesday 01 October 08 11:43 BST (UK) »
If anyone would like to avail of my Orange Order knowledge don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I a member of the Institution in the County Antrim area but have been researching the Orange Order for quite a while now (and indeed was employed as a researcher by the Grand Lodge of Ireland for a short while in 2007)

I have a number of contacts in different parts of Ireland relating to the Orange Order and would be happy to explore your own family's 'Orange roots'...

I am currently working on an archive for my own District and Lodge so would be happy to help you guys out if I can.
HILL - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: BANKS - Moira, Co. Down: ARMOUR - Lisburn, Co.Antrim: WALKER - Dromore, Co. Down: MAGEE - Lambeg, Co. Antrim: THOMPSON - Derriaghy/Magheragall, Co. Antrim: TITTERINGTON - Moira, Co. Down: McNEILL - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: SWAIN - Moira, Co. Down: IRVINE - CLONES, Co. Monaghan: TURNBULL - Lurgan, Co. Armagh: CARLISLE - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: MORROW, Lisburn, Co. Antrim: FORSYTHE - Magheralave, Co. Antrim: MARTIN - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: REILLY, Magheralin, Co. Down

Offline Teresa in Wirral

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Links
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 October 08 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Fmni

My grandmother used to say that her father
William James George (born 1874) was a member of the Orange order. He lived in Larne County Antrim and his family were from the Magheramorne/Ballycarry area.

In one of the links above there is a photo of the Magheramorne Independent Orange Lodge and I think one of the gentlemen may be Williams father James George (born c 1850)

Any help you could give would be marvellous.

Teresa

REA Co Antrim- Drumcrow, Tickmacrevan
Brownsbay, Islandmagee and Larne.              

YOUNG Co Antrim - Drumcrow and (Glenarm),Tickmacrevan.        

GEORGE Co Antrim - Carrickfergus, Magheramorne, Glynn, Larne and Belfast.

McKINNEY/McKENNY Co Antrim - Magheramorne and Larne.

CONLY  Co Antrim Drumcrow Tickmacrevan
KANE    Co Antrim Drumcrow Tickmacrevan
Plus Looking for Hector Ferguson and Helen Stewart, Michael Mcdonald and Rose Gorman (County Antrim? 1750-1850)

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 November 08 22:25 GMT (UK) »
hi just going trough different site,s as i am trying to find out about the dinsmore,and some one is searching for me,and then i came across your message,i would be very grateful if you could help me ,not that i have much information,my uncle used to be an orange man and i can remember every year we would go over to Belfast and stay with my uncle,s and auntie,s for about 3month,s and all the other Holiday,s one year there was a march and i was told only to watch but yes you have guessed i trotted of with them and got lost and the police had to bring me back,so that was the time i went of with them,any way,i don,t know what order or where it was,not much help am i,his name was Eddie dinsmore.and he lived at 42 everton street crumlin road Belfast 14 his date of birth was February 15 1908,when he died i was told i could have all his thing,s like his sash,e.t.c, i hope you can help me good luck,and thanks Jacquie. 8) 8) 8)
iles,from kingswood bristol,gloucershire ,fudge,hawkins,crotty,powell,yates.,also kingswood,bristol.
fogg,from manchester,and hossock.from manchester.
dinsmore,devlin,larkin,patterson,McArthur,mahood,from belfast,antrim,.

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 November 08 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Sort of a preliminary question kalasira - but you say that when he died you could have his sash/collarette.

Do you have this now then or know where it might be? There would be a number on it, e.g. L.O.L. ?? - if you find out that, I can fill you in on the lodge itself.

Just on another note - i though the name Eddie Dinsmore was familiar to me, I work part time as a football researcher - there is an "Eddie Dinsmore" still involved in local football in northern ireland with an amateur Belfast club called 'Sirocco Works' - quite a historic club and formed out of a famous factory - which sadly was levelled a while back. Do you know of your family having any connections with Sirocco?
HILL - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: BANKS - Moira, Co. Down: ARMOUR - Lisburn, Co.Antrim: WALKER - Dromore, Co. Down: MAGEE - Lambeg, Co. Antrim: THOMPSON - Derriaghy/Magheragall, Co. Antrim: TITTERINGTON - Moira, Co. Down: McNEILL - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: SWAIN - Moira, Co. Down: IRVINE - CLONES, Co. Monaghan: TURNBULL - Lurgan, Co. Armagh: CARLISLE - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: MORROW, Lisburn, Co. Antrim: FORSYTHE - Magheralave, Co. Antrim: MARTIN - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: REILLY, Magheralin, Co. Down

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 November 08 13:24 GMT (UK) »
hi thank,s
no i don,t have anything as my uncle Eddie died year,s ago ,and i lost touch ,after my mum died his sister,then about a,year later i found out he had died,which tore me a part as i loved him to bit,s so i never got any as he was the last to die,or 2nd to last,the lodge could have been crumlin road cos they lived just of there on everton street,i don,t know about football,but i new he liked football,if this is any help he worked at Harland and wolfe, on the ship,s as a fitter i think,i am sorry i can,t help any more i have a cousin in larne i will try and get in touch with her and ask her ,i also have a cousin in Australia if he gets back to me this week i will ask him,i also have alot of paper cutting,s when different aunt,s and uncle,s died i will check them but that is all i can do,wish i could do more ,but with living he in manchester my mum did,nt like me to talk about it to any one.any will try my best.
thank,s Jacquie
iles,from kingswood bristol,gloucershire ,fudge,hawkins,crotty,powell,yates.,also kingswood,bristol.

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 November 08 13:29 GMT (UK) »
What date did your uncle die?

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 November 08 13:44 GMT (UK) »
NOT MUCH HELP AM I ,EITHER THE END OF THE 80,S BEGINNING THE 90,S SORRY,I KNOW HE WAS LIVING AT 15 BALLYCRAIGY,GARDEN,S GLEN GORMLEY I THINK THAT IS CO,ANTRM NOT SURE,IN HIS FAMILY THERE WAS

Moderator comment: names of living people removed to prevent identity theft and other abuses.  Please use the secure PM system to exchange such info.  Thanks

THERE WAS A COUSIN THAT DIED IN THE SWIMMING BATH,S ON THE DRUMLIN ROAD IT WAS IN THE PAPER,I DON,T KNOW ANY THING ELSE REALLY SORRY ,WILL GET BACK TO U LATER TO-DAY,
GOT THEY KEPT BUSY,

Offline kalasira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 November 08 20:17 GMT (UK) »
I GOT IT WRONG IT WAS,NT MY COUSIN THAT DIED IN THE SWIMMING BATH,S IT WAS MY UNCLE AND THE BATH,S WERE ON THE FALL,S ROAD,THE ONLY OTHER INFORMATION I FOUND WAS IN A PAPER CUTTING ABOUT MY NANA,THAT DIED,IT READ,S OFFICER,S AND MEMBERS OF THE WEST END BLUE SUPPORTER,S CLUB REGRET THE DEATH OF THE MOTHER OF THEIR HIGHLY ESTEEMED MEMBER JOHNSTON DINSMORE THIS ALL I HAVE.I THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT THE LATE FIFTY,S WHEN HE WAS AN ORANGE MAN,SORRY CAN,T HELP I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHEN EDDIE DIED??

FROM JACQUIE,(WHAT WAS THE WEST END BLUE CLUB.) ???

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 November 08 20:20 GMT (UK) »
That would be a Linfield FC Supporters Club based in Belfast.